Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get a 2nd dog since Sam is kind of feeling bored. My neighbor is fostering dogs and there is this female puppy (3 months old) that nobody would take. So I decided to take her. She is not a purebred, but Sam doesn't mind.

The obvious choice was to put her on RAW right away. So she has started with chicken wings and necks. I've given her some fish that Sam has refused to eat. She is doing great. This is just her 3rd day. Today she stole a big piece of beef that Sam was eating, right out of his mouth.:frown:

Just wanted to share the story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Snoopy actually put her head inside Sam's mouth and took it out. When Sam realized what he was chewing is gone, it was too late. I think Sam is still a baby with oversized body and he doesn't know what to do with it. Where as Snoopy, being left by the side of the road with her brothers within the first few weeks of age, is much more matured and tougher. I brought Snoopy to make sure Sam is nice to other dogs when he grows up, but don't know whether Snoopy will end up being the Alpha :confused:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Very cute! Thanks for sharing. There's a chance that Snoopy will be the alpha but I wouldn't worry to much about their dynamic. They will figure it out and as long as there aren't fights all the time they make a good match :biggrin:

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that is correct. (At least I think so and I want it to be). I meant whether Snoopy well end up higher in the hierarchy than Sam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts