Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm so stinkin' mad at myself!!

So, I got some deer livers for Christmas (most girls ask for fru fru stuff, I ask for guts lol :biggrin:). We came home on Sunday, and the livers were frozen. Since then, every time we've been in the car, Ania's head has been on the floor sniffing somthing. I just figured out what it was tonight. I left the livers in the dang car!! They have been without refrigeration for 4 days!! They don't stink, or anything (I mean, no more than regular liver does), but it hasn't exactly been cold around here. Probably in the 50's during the day, and right around freezing at night.

I know that RFD has mentiond that his dogs have been able to eat some pretty foul stuff. So I am sure that the liver is safe for Ania to eat eventually. But we have only been feeding raw for a little over 3 months. I fear that the combo of spoiled meat AND organs may lead to some epic cannon butt. What do you guys think? I don't want to waste this gold. :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I'm in GA where the weather is like that most all winter, often its warmer than that. Sometimes when I get a "shipment" of food for the dogs, I'll leave it in the garage (unheated seperate building) in the back of the pickup for 4 or 5 days before I get around to "putting it up". In the summer I rarely wait more than 12 hours or so ... sometimes it might be 24 if it was frozen good when I got it.

If its not smelling too abnormal, don't worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts