Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two giant breed puppies, Bailey is two years old, 135 pounds, and Barnum 110 +/- pounds.

Can I feed one half of a game hen? I assume that is what is meant by split game hens? It is one half of a game hen? Of course I wouldn't feed the chicken neck. How about the wings? I would feed a whole half.

They are on sale locally for a good price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I don't know what a split game hen is but yes, you can feed them. You can also feed them with necks and wings attached. As long as those little parts are attached to the bird, they are ok to feed. If they are seperate pieces, then don't feed them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes, you can feed half of a game hen. You may have to feed more than one though as a typical cornish hen is about a pound. That's not very big at all. But if you can get it for a good price, then go for it.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I wish I could get my guys to eat cornish games hens but they won't touch them, even the gargage gut!:eek:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Chicken necks (especially from game hens) are a weird size. I usually cut them into bite-sized pieces for my 70lb girl. But wouldn't they already BE bite-sized for a giant breed? And hence, ok to feed as is?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I don't like feeding anything a dog can swallow without chewing. Chicken necks are dangrous to my giant breeds. Heck, they swallow drumsticks without chewing with no problem. A chicken neck would be no problem to them but I still don't feed them anything that small. If it's still attached to the bird, no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts