Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was researching California Natural when I found your forum. I am snowed in with a sweet husband, 14 year old son, almost 10 year old daughter and our canine companions: a 2 year old female rat terrier (the boss) and an 18 month old female bulldog (the follower)and...today is my 40th birthday.

I was using the Natural Balance Duck and potato with my Rat Terrier for about a year. Two months ago, my rescue bulldog entered my life and quickly developed allergy symptoms (red yeast stains, black ear gunk, and constantly licking paws). I visited with the local natural pet food store manager and she suggested that my bullygirl might be sensitive to the potato component. We are gradually switching to the California Natural lamb and rice formula (tomorrow will finally be 100% CN!). The dogs are tolerating it well (GI wise) but the rat terrier is not loving it yet.

I was very pleased to find your website/forum and look forward to the opportunity to increase my canine nutrition knowledge.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Great picture...
Now here is a list of some very good dog foods and in no order. Just giving you some options.

Good

Artemis
Blue Wilderness
Go
Horizon
Evo****
Innova**
Instrinct
Orijen*****
Taste of the Wild***
Wellness
Acana**
Fromm*
Merrick
Canidae
Evanders
Earthborn
Natrures Logic
Natures Variety
Solid Gold
Pinnacle
Timberwolf*
Blue Buffalo*
Halo

California Natural**

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome! I hope you find all that you are looking for here :biggrin:

Don't hesitate to post up any and all questions as well as other fun facts!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Great picture...
Now here is a list of some very good dog foods and in no order. Just giving you some options.

Good

Artemis
Blue Wilderness
Go
Horizon
Evo****
Innova**
Instrinct
Orijen*****
Taste of the Wild***
Wellness
Acana**
Fromm*
Merrick
Canidae
Evanders
Earthborn
Natrures Logic
Natures Variety
Solid Gold
Pinnacle
Timberwolf*
Blue Buffalo*
Halo
Natural Balance
California Natural**
I agree with everything but Natural Balance. they removed the meal ingredient and the first ingredient in the food is a potato or grain.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome, and happy birthday, Redhead4ever from Arkansas!! I love the pic of your bulldog, what a nice smile!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, and happy birthday, Redhead4ever from Arkansas!! I love the pic of your bulldog, what a nice smile!
Thanks, Weezie has a wicked underbite. It cracks us up every morning. I see your dogs enjoying the snow in the picture. They would love Little Rock right now. My two do not appreciate the joy of snow at all - they are shocked and offended every time they have to go outside to potty.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, that picture is soooo cute, you should post more!!

California Natural is great for pinpointing problem ingredients, so good choice there. Allergy pups can be so difficult to figure out. I have a Boxer which are notorious for allergies, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have to go down that road.

I hope you stick around and jump into our conversations. We have a great community here. Small, but great. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi hi and welcome.

I love your dog! What a cutie!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina! We got the leftovers from your snow storm. Only ended up with about 4 inches but then got ice on top of it so schools are still closed today and roads were nasty this morning. It'll all be gone by Wednesday probably. Snow doesn't last long here.

My 13 year old Lhasa has severe food allergies. She did terrible on the Natural Balance and hates the taste of California Natural. She picks out the pieces and spits them all over the floor. I have just switched her over to EVO after years of having her on Venison food and others and she is doing really well on it. My young dog eats EVO and was raised on the grainless and never developed any allergies. I wish I had known about it 13 years ago when she was a baby.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts