Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some thighs from the store in bulk and the date was good but it smells a little is it still ok to give the dogs that?:smile:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I purchased some thighs from the store in bulk and the date was good but it smells a little is it still ok to give the dogs that?:smile:
Yes. I have fed my dogs some VERY VERY strong smelling meat before with no adverse effects.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yep! I have fed my dog meat that I let thaw a little tooooo much :wink: and she was fine.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I once fed my Corgi turkey that was beyond "a little smelly" in fact, I gagged twice as I was getting it outsde for him.
No adverse effects at all. Dogs' are designed to handle that kind of nasty stuff, in the wild, they' eat meat that was dead and rotting in the sun for days, so a little off smelling chicken is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
When you think about it, in the wild, dogs will take down their prey, eat part of it, leave it and come back. Sometimes it's not exactly left in nice, cold climates, and in the sun starts to rot.​

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks to all

I feel better about it, I did feed them and they had no problem

I have another question when you buy fryers whole how do you feed them ? cutting them up? Help

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The fryers I've gotten are around 4-5 lbs.

When we fed Ania once a day, we would give her 1/2 a chicken (split down the back & breast). Now that we went to 2 meals/day, I cut the fryers into quarters. So two meals are the wing/breast/back portion, and the others are leg/thigh.

Reactions: Chocx2
1 - 9 of 9 Posts