Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a puppy two weeks ago and my puppy is always cold outside when I walk him. Should I get a sweater coat for him?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweaters and outerwear are so important!

Just like you and me, sweaters and outerwear are so important for us, so I don’t see why it would be any different for your pet when they’re outdoors this winter…. Yesterday, I saw this article online and I think it would appeal to you and answer your questions. It’s online at PetProducts

·
Registered
115 Posts
My pit bull LOVES her sweater! She comes running up to me and sticks her head in the sweater and never wants to take it off! I say definitely give the sweater a try.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think a sweater is a good idea - if you start them young, they don't freak out about the feel of it on them. My sister has a Rhodesian Ridgeback (sp?) and he's much happier (and warmer) with his sweater on.

My hubby thinks it's silly and mean to dress dogs in any clothing - but he's the first to cover them with a towel or light blanket at night if it's chilly in the house!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
My Mini Schnauzer has coats, sweaters, long-johns, boots, etc. I was one that NEVER put clothes on a dog....until the Schnauz came a long. He just can't stay warm long enough to enjoy a walk or a hike with me and the Newf this time of year, so, bundled up he gets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts