Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the weather has been cold, windy, rainy, and sleeting. So the dogs have not gone on a very good walk in a few days.

this is what I came home to

And this is who I think done it!

NOTE: this is a 100+ yr old rental house. it is in pretty bad shape, and will probably be bulldozed and the land sold after we move out. but still!! she did this to a rental house!!! :O
she has never done anything like this, and she is 2 and 1/2

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
OUCH!!! I have seen Danes eat through walls...so all in all that isn't too bad LOL!

Hopefully your landlord wont get too upset :eek:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a client you have a Boceron(not sure of I'm spelling it right and her dog did this to every room in their house. And she finally found on a forum for that breed that a lot of the owner had the same issue b/c the dogs are working breed and need a lot of exersise or they get themselves into trouble and they were told to use Deodorant of all things on the wall and sure enough he left it alone. He also was hudini b/c he could escape from any crate and you never knew just how he did it.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Yes these dogs (shelties) need TONS of exercise and run time or they will consequently become destructive! In my opinion, exercise really does do a tremendous job in controlling a very wide variety of behavioral and physical problems. I understand that it's hard to take your dog out for long in the cold and snow. Have you every considered purchasing a treadmill for your dog? This isn't going to replace run time out in a field or something, but it will certainly help. No need to buy an expensive "doggie treadmill" just a used one from craigslist or something will do just fine. If you decide to purchase one, I'd be happy to give you some pointers on how you could train your dog to use it. Hope this helps, and have fun at Home Depot this weekend:biggrin:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found a treadmill on craigslist for 50 bucks! I plan on getting one soon, but i have yet to even have 50 to spare.

If we do not walk I normally do lots of obedience and hide and seek in the house. they get doggy puzzles and other fun things to do. but i didnt this time, and look what happened!

In the summer sometimes it is too hot to walk them. so yeah, we def plan on getting a treadmill before too long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts