Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2-3 days ago we had two Italian Greyhounds board with us. Their names are Chevy and his brother is Kompressor. Chevy is a caution-will bite dog. Kompressor is a sweetheart. We took them out for a walk and on their way back into their room, Chevy started having some really smelly, light colored diarrhea. It was like the consistency of water. Anyway, as the supervisor and I were walking around looking at the dogs, I noticed Chevy. He was desperately scratching at the door. I had a weird feeling in my stomach, and I told my supervisor that we should take him over so the doctor could look at him. He was very stressed out. I had a feeling something wasn't right. Well, all of a sudden Chevy started rolling around the room, knocking the food and water bowls over. He was as stiff as a board and his teeth were clenched and his mouth shut tight. He was having a seizure. My question is, if this happens again in the future, should I leave him alone until he stops seizuring or should I take him to the hospital once he starts??

·
Registered
204 Posts
How long did the seizure last?

The seizure would probably be over by the time you got him to the vet.

Is he on medication for his seizures?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long did the seizure last?
About 1 minute or less. Not sure...

Is he on medication for his seizures?
They did give him something to calm him down a bit, don't know what it was, but to answer your question, no. This is the first time he's had a seizure.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
He could have had a seizure for many different reasons. Typically dogs wont be put on medication until they have more than one. You shouldn't be able to get him to the vet while he's still seizing...they don't usually last long. Definitely take him afterwards immediately though.

How old is Chevy?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
We took them out for a walk and on their way back into their room, Chevy started having some really smelly, light colored diarrhea. It was like the consistency of water.
Is this any indicator of an imminant seizure? Or just a coincidence?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts