Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to share my latest score. We had a dissection during biology class recently and we all got to play around with pork organs. Something I thought was a lot of fun, of course.

Obviously, I couldn't help but think about all the perfect dog food my classroom was full of, so I actually asked my teacher if I could take some home for my dog. Everything was going to be thrown out anyway (what a waste...) so I brought home two sets of organs, weighing about 5 kg each. I think there was a total of seven sets of organs, but I couldn't take them all, unfortantely.

Anyway, I'm glad I got the stuff I got! The stuff I got was the tongue, trachea, lungs, heart, liver, kindeys, diaphragm and some other connective tissue. The best part is that I usually can't get some of these things, like lung. My dog got his first taste of lung when I was cutting it all up, and the texture surprised him a lot, so he had to spit it out before deciding if it was good to eat or not, lol.

Here is a picture of one of the organ sets, the other one is in the bag in the background.

So, I finally scored some good free meat, wohoo! :party:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did they kill the pigs? I would worry they injected them with something... aka euthanized the pigs...
I know that this is from pigs intended for human consumption, so it should definately be okay. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts