·
Registered
333 Posts
noo.....please say this is a joke...

at least i still have orijen!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was just coming here to post the link. I'm in shock........certainly a blow for quality food. Thank doG for Fromm and NOW....... guess Innova is out of our rotation.

·
Registered
517 Posts
:mad::mad::mad:

This is NOT good news. So now the only reliable company would be the makers of Orijen? This sucks. :mad:

ETA: RAW is sure lookin good right now!!!!

Don't forget Horizon. They are in Saskatchewan, Canada and really remind me of Orijen in their practices.

Made with ingredients sourced from within 100 KM of our facility in Rosthern, Saskatchewan
That is amazing!
Horizon Pet Nutrition

I do think Horizon is as good as Evo and Orijen. So all I have to say is I will feed Evo for now, as most products on shelves are from Pre-PG, so I guess I'll stop feeding Evo in about 3-4 months. This is horrifying, but in a way good for me, this is pushing me faster towards raw.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
That is AWFUL news. I don't even feed my dogs kibble and I'm disappointed.
Geeze, my kibble cat is in trouble. Were moving back to Orem, UT soon, and the nearest place that sells Orijen is 4 hours away. I think we'll need to stock up before leaving town.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Don't forget Horizon. They are in Saskatchewan, Canada and really remind me of Orijen in their practices.

Horizon Pet Nutrition

I do think Horizon is as good as Evo and Orijen. So all I have to say is I will feed Evo for now, as most products on shelves are from Pre-PG, so I guess I'll stop feeding Evo in about 3-4 months. This is horrifying, but in a way good for me, this is pushing me faster towards raw.
Thanks! They have a Large Breed Puppy food that looks good.
I am a bit in panic mode right now! LOL. :cool:
I was planning on feeding Innova LBP to our new pup, but now it looks as if I will need to rethink that! I already have a bag on its way, but I think I'm okay as the company hasn't chaged hands yet.... I will be starting from scratch now trying to see what other foods I can get. :frown:

Is there a Large Breed Puppy kibble from Fromm or NOW?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks! They have a Large Breed Puppy food that looks good.
I am a bit in panic mode right now! LOL. :cool:
I was planning on feeding Innova LBP to our new pup, but now it looks as if I will need to rethink that! I already have a bag on its way, but I think I'm okay as the company hasn't chaged hands yet.... I will be starting from scratch now trying to see what other foods I can get. :frown:

Is there a Large Breed Puppy kibble from Fromm or NOW?

Just looked at Fromm's site, and I didn't see any foods for large breed puppies. Also I figured I can feed some fromm in his rotation, but I just can't feed a food with protein content in the mid to low 20% range. Though they do have a grain free surf n turf at 30%.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Just looked at Fromm's site, and I didn't see any foods for large breed puppies. Also I figured I can feed some fromm in his rotation, but I just can't feed a food with protein content in the mid to low 20% range. Though they do have a grain free surf n turf at 30%.
now im pissed off.

love to hear kevin bradleys response to this lol.;)

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
"It's time for the right company to take our brands to the next level of growth. P&G is that company," said John Rademakers, founder and owner of Natura Pet Products. "We know that P&G will honor our history as they capitalize on their strengths to build these brands."

money driven b******* (Edited by CorgiPaws for language. AGAIN) hehehe.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
"We know that P&G will honor our history as they capitalize on their strengths to build these brands."

money driven bastards hehehe.
I just wonder how long before any recalls, pets getting sick, etc....:frown:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Another one bites the dust. Remember when Wellness was a good food? Heck, is their anyone on here who remembers when Iams was a good food?

No worries, Evo and Innova will still be good through the summer, but start looking for your replacement by fall.

Orijen all the way now.......until they get the offer they can't refuse.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
oh...my...gawd......That is so WRONG! -.- I'm with CorgiPaws here, I don't feed my dogs any kibble, but it disgusts me that Natura would sell out to Procter and Gamble!!! Now, I don't know what everyone else's opinions are of them (totally sheltered), or if they're the same as mine, but I know they do hardcore animal testing. I NEVER buy products from them if I can help it. I will never recommend Evo or Innova again..... -.-

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Unfortunately Chelsy can't eat any kibble with salmon or olive oil in it and Orijen has Salmon in it. Now I have to find a grain free kibble made without Salmon or Olive Oil. Anyone got any suggestions? I just got her all settled on Evo:(

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I don't know have you looked at any of the Go Natural lines by petcurean

·
Registered
517 Posts
"It's time for the right company to take our brands to the next level of growth. P&G is that company," said John Rademakers, founder and owner of Natura Pet Products. "We know that P&G will honor our history as they capitalize on their strengths to build these brands."

money driven b******* (Edited by CorgiPaws for language. AGAIN) hehehe.

LOL!!! This is funnier than any of your posts Triplefresh. So P&G is the right Co to take foods like Evo to the next level, what next level, your foods were damn near perfect! Unless next level means recalls, since they have never had them previously. Can't wait to see the ingredients list in the coming months.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
LOL!!! This is funnier than any of your posts Triplefresh. So P&G is the right Co to take foods like Evo to the next level, what next level, your foods were damn near perfect! Unless next level means recalls, since they have never had them previously. Can't wait to see the ingredients list in the coming months.
what's funny is you posted in this thread without even reading the article...that's a quote from the site....i was disagreeing with it..i called them money hungry...

what else is funny is i said i was pissed off about it a few posts above that one and you blindly didnt see...bro..

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I don't know have you looked at any of the Go Natural lines by petcurean
They all contain salmon and salmon oil. It's really difficult to find any kibble food without salmon or olive oil. Those are the only two things I've found that she HAS to avoid. They make her have horrendous colitis and bloody diarhea. I really want to stick with grain free with her. She's been doing great on the EVO but I won't stay with it once P&G gets hold of it and starts making changes.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
1 - 20 of 202 Posts