Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jsut opened my email and we have been APPROVED to rescue the 5 year old blind cocker spaniel I wanted soo badly!! I am SO stoaked!! Because of the mutual contact as my reference, my history with the dog, and the distance, I jsut have to send pictures of my street, my house, our yard, and my other pets, and work out a time to meet someone halfway, or to go to san diego and pick up our boy!!!

We have not forgotten about you, though, far from it! Sue, our President, called Mark (my reference) during the week and he couldn't say enough nice things about you. I've talked to the Board about your circumstance, your connection with Taco and your desire to adopt him. We are all agreed that you are absolutely the perfect home for him and we are thrilled that you will be getting him ... Congratulations!

I am SO excited. Now I just need to make plans to drive down to San Diego and get him. We're already going out of town next weekend, but hopefully one week from Monday we will be able to bring him home for GOOD.

Now I just need to make him a "baby" blanket... a tradition of mine every time I get a dog, and him not being a puppy is not going to exclude him from the tradition. I already have an order placed with petedge for a ton of new toys, and we've got a leash and collar set for him.
I'll need a bag of chicken quarters to start him on raw.

And we gotta get this sweet boy a new name. "Taco"... really? I'm thinking Denver. :biggrin:

Excuse me while I continue to jump out of my skin...

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Congratulations and great for you!!! Post pictures as soon as you bring the new family member home :wink:

L

·
0 Posts
That's great news! Congratulations! Enjoy your new "bundle of joy".

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yaaayyy!! Congratulations! Can't wait for the pictures!

Richelle

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! It's looking like we'll get to bring him home on Monday!! We can't wait. I have a huuuuge petedge order coming in today or tomorrow, and then he'll be all set. :biggrin::smile:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Piiiiiiiiiictures please!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nevermind.

I just left a phone message on your cell phone. I was hoping to have a conversation with you today sometime about Taco. It appears as though his family cannot give him up. This happens sometimes, though not often, when it actually comes time to give a family pet up for adoption.

devistated.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wow, that is amazingly unfair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts