Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruckus gets along awesome with other dogs. but i have been having a problem with him and the senior collie foster I brought home.

they are fine in the house, but if Ruckus gets to playing with Lynn and if Hamilton (foster) is near he will attack him!(outside only! he is okay with this indoors) no blood shed, but it sounds awful.
And if Ruckus is running the fence after cars, which he looooves to do... and if Hamilton is near... he will attack him.

Any idea why he does this? he has never done anything like this before. :confused:
sounds like he is over excited, but he gets over excited often and never attacks another dog! he was worked up over joggers jogging next to the dog park yesterday and he didnt offer to go after another dog.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Are you giving any extra attention to the special needs foster? I'm having some issues of my own in this house with my new rescue, I try to dole out attention evenly to all the dogs.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, the foster is not getting any special attention at all. i actually feel bad for leaving the foster out! he cant go on walks with us because he cannot handle any more than a 10 minute walks. and he doesnt play, so we dont play with him either.

the foster dog does gets petting of course, but most of the time my dogs are outside running around and Hamilton the foster is in the house. so the other dogs dont see me give him extra pettings.

its like Ruckus is picking on him because he is old and weak! is that possible? Do dogs pick on dogs that are different?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. A few weeks ago your foster dog was trying to eat your cat and I suggested you get your pack order straightened out. To that suggestion you replied with "...I dont believe much of that pack stuff." Now your dog is turning on your foster. Sounds like total chaos to me, a situation that is usually caused by the human, not the animals. Maybe it's time for you to revisit what you believe in before someone gets hurt. :wink:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Is the new foster dog invading Ruckuses territory too much maybe? Some dogs just don't get along with others well. Since this is his space maybe their is some rivalry between the two.But then again you have fostered dogs before! There is just something that ruckus does not like with this dog! Can you keep them separated or no? Do you have a clause that says you can if things aren't working out with your foster dog give it back to the shelter for another family to foster and maybe get a different dog to foster?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. A few weeks ago your foster dog was trying to eat your cat and I suggested you get your pack order straightened out. To that suggestion you replied with "...I dont believe much of that pack stuff." Now your dog is turning on your foster. Sounds like total chaos to me, a situation that is usually caused by the human, not the animals. Maybe it's time for you to revisit what you believe in before someone gets hurt. :wink:

I'm staying outa this one. But, ditto. ^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts