Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on another thread about my sister 6 month old min pin/beagle that she adopted, anyways, right now they are transition her from SD to blue buffalo, but shes interested in giving her rmb's to keep the teeth clean.

What would you recommend for a 15 lb dog?

Also if she gets one in the morning, does it count as a whole meal and should she eat the same in the evening or going back to kibble is ok?

thanks!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Chicken wings and drumsticks would be a good sized rmb for her dog. But I would highly recommend not feeding any kibble for the days she gives these because it's not a good thing to mix raw and kibble. And since kibble stays in the system so long it takes almost 24 hours (depending on the dog and the kibble) for it to go through completely I would feed dinner the night before and give no breakfast except the rmb. Then nothing to ea later on in the day. Then start kibble back up the next day. There's a chance that the dog
won't be able to handle this abrupt switch from kibble to raw, some dogs have iron systems but others don't. If the dog can't handle it maybe talk to her about switching him to total raw instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts