Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could get rice flour and/or a gluten free flour (or potato starch would work too)? I ended up with gluten free flour from Fry's (Kroger, Ralph's depending on where you live) speciality area but it's rather expensive so I'm hoping to locate rice flour at a lower cost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Does anyone know where I could get rice flour and/or a gluten free flour (or potato starch would work too)? I ended up with gluten free flour from Fry's (Kroger, Ralph's depending on where you live) speciality area but it's rather expensive so I'm hoping to locate rice flour at a lower cost.

Thanks!
Have you tried Google?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to search on Google, yahoo etc. You can also ask local people around you. Rice flour is good so try to get that.
:smile:
There's nothing on google. Unfortunately it's soemthing you have to get at a specialty store which there isn't one around me. Guess I'll just stick with the gluten free flour that was $3.99 for a small package, it's still cheaper than buying dog treats.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Do you have anything similar to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in your area? That might be a place to check.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have anything similar to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in your area? That might be a place to check.
Depends on what your definition of "your area" is LoL. There's a Trader Joe's about 45 minutes from me, no whole foods that I'm aware of. Not going to drive 45 minutes in a car that gets 20 miles to the gallon with gas at $3.50 a gallon for FLOUR. Like I said I did find gluten free flour it was just $3.99 for a 20oz package (which is small) so I was hoping that maybe rice flour would be a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the suggestion! Someone on a homecooking list recommended Food Pyramid (which is Albertson's where I am), I just haven't had a chance to get there yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look for an Indian food store in your area. I just purchased a 5 LB bag for $3.00. They carry all kinds of unusal flour products. I also buy all kinds of spices for a fraction of what you would pay in a regular grocery store. Only difference is usually comes in bags that you need to transfer to your own containers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look for an Indian food store in your area. I just purchased a 5 LB bag for $3.00. They carry all kinds of unusal flour products. I also buy all kinds of spices for a fraction of what you would pay in a regular grocery store. Only difference is usually comes in bags that you need to transfer to your own containers. Hope this helps.
Thanks, unfortunately I don't live in an area where a place like this would make any money so they don't exist. TONS of Mexican stores but that's about it for "ethnic" stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts