Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I like how the words "precautionary" and "possibility" are emphasized! They are covering for themselves. So its a preventative measure so they dont get law suits.And potentially there could be salmonella! Hmmm No actual, there is or isn't answer LOL!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
I like how the words "precautionary" and "possibility" are emphasized! They are covering for themselves. So its a preventative measure so they dont get law suits.And potentially there could be salmonella! Hmmm No actual, there is or isn't answer LOL!
i think i'm just glad they are voluntarily recalling these products....that's better than some human food recalls i've seen lately.

i wouldn't care if they were cya'ing or not...as long as they do it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
It is a good thing they are doing this voluntary recall (I do commend them)as long as they are NOT getting the public into a paranoid state and all is justified! I am really glad companies do this~~ just the hysteria of the public gets ridiculous! Then everyone thinks every product they have is horrible. I can remember in my own area when their was a salmonella incident (they thought) (wink wink) in a restaurant and they scared everyone into not going there and the place was clean. Just an example of paranoia! So hopefully the recall is justified! I do hope they try to keep up pretty well with consumer product recalls. I keep a close eye on these also! But I don't use dog food made from P&G so hopefully no one here is affected!

·
Registered
216 Posts
And potentially there could be salmonella! Hmmm No actual, there is or isn't answer LOL!
Actually it's accurate that there "could" be. Not all the meat is necessarily tainted when something like this occurs. Same thing with human food. Remember that big recall not too long ago, spinach I think? They pulled it all and said it "could be" tainted because they had found some that had been. Basically there's no way to know which bags from that lot are bad and which are unaffected, so they have to pull them all. The only way to know for sure is to test each individual piece of meat that was used

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work in the "pet specialty retail" and can tell you they are being VERY proactive about the recall, going as far as providing their vendor's truck drivers with "recall kits" that contain gloves and other such PPE to prevent them from getting sick. That being said, our driver told us she didn't want to fill her truck with recalled food that was a "field destroy" and was getting tossed anyway. We were instructed to throw our PURE in the dumpster...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts