Dog Food Chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are welcome to post your recipies in another thread if you wish. Expect to be questioned as to why you feel it's necessary to feed vegetables, grains, dairy products, and fruits. :smile:
Thank you. ;)

Any question is welcome, and I'm sure that we will have the answer for all of them. ;)

Here are some of our meals:

This one is mine:

-Beef larynx + rice, some veggies and yogurt.

Grivana's meals:

-Chicken organs and chicken breast, + rice, tomato, pepper, and some sour cream

-beef t-bone steak + carrot, yogurt and some seeds

Wiliana's meal:

-Beef tail, beef tongue, beef liver + some veggies, oat flakes and goat white cheese

Diana M.'s meal:

-Beef tongue, heart, larynx, tripe, horse meat + some veggies and fruits, sour cream and a mix of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flex seeds and sunflower seeds.

Ghandi and Azra please add some of yours, I didn't have them on my computer

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Nice looking plates of food. Why do you find it necessary to feed veggies, fruits, grains, and dairy to a dog? You know dogs are carniovres, right? Carnivores eat meat, bones, organs of a variety of animals. No need for the other stuff at all. Were did you get these recipies?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
What are all the seeds supposed to be for?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Sounds like filth is feeding BARF and not PMR...

I have no "recipes" for our 5. We pull out meat, bones & organs and hand them to the dogs....
Yea, here to. I didn't realize BARF had so much unnecesary stuff in it.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Can I come eat at your house? :)

I tried cooking for my dog, a few years ago after the tainted food thing. As someone who hates spending the time putting something in a crock pot, I hate to say I was not as devoted as so many of you and it didn't last more than a few days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's all so.. pretty! LOL. But in all seriousness, I very rarely eat vegetables and fruits myself, I'm definitely not going to start preparing them for my dogs.

I told Filth-in that does not interfere RAW with cooking:)
Seeds are found in our menu for the quality of their hair and skin. These are all oil seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, coconut...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice looking plates of food. Why do you find it necessary to feed veggies, fruits, grains, and dairy to a dog? You know dogs are carniovres, right? Carnivores eat meat, bones, organs of a variety of animals. No need for the other stuff at all. Were did you get these recipies?
These are our recipes, and we are very proud of them :)
Why We drop fruit and vegetables in meals?
We do not feed our dogs only RAW because I think that it is impossible to imitate nature. Dogs need the stomach contents of prey, bacteria, in nature they eat some fruit,.... Because we interfere fruits and vegetables with meat and bones.
We do not have opportunities to give them live chicken :), so we strive to complement their diet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's one of my favorite recipes:

Chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken

Directions:

1. Remove whole piece of raw chicken from Ziploc bag.

2. Throw on ground in front of dog.

3. Put remaining chicken back in fridge.

4. Wash hands and go watch TV.

:biggrin:
It makes sense :)
But where's the fun? :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Seeds are found in our menu for the quality of their hair and skin. These are all oil seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, coconut...
Coconut seeds? A coconut is a seed. So there is a whole coconut in there? :wink:

In all seriousness, seeds have very little bioavailability for a dog. The best thing for their coat is animal fat with Omega-3s (i.e. grass fed beef, lamb, bison, pastured chicken, etc.). Coconut oil might work too but the actual seeds are pretty useless to a dog. They are barely useful to a human and we, at least, have teeth that can grind them and digestive enzymes that can break them down. Dogs don't.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
These are our recipes, and we are very proud of them :)
Why We drop fruit and vegetables in meals?
We do not feed our dogs only RAW because I think that it is impossible to imitate nature. Dogs need the stomach contents of prey, bacteria, in nature they eat some fruit,.... Because we interfere fruits and vegetables with meat and bones.
We do not have opportunities to give them live chicken :), so we strive to complement their diet.
I don't personally believe that items other than meat, bones, and organs are necessary. But if what you have pictured is what you feed, you're feeding a much better diet than most.

1 - 20 of 330 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.