Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Aspen is on raw, I wash his water bowl once everyday, but what about his toys, do I wash those too?

Not everyday though, I mean like once a week or something?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't bother washing toys. His mouth may actually contain less bacteria now that it isn't filled with tarter and decaying food particles.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Same as above. Cleaning things just shouldn't be an issue when they are on raw. Bacteria are everywhere, and there isn't much you can do to avoid it. Even antibacterial soaps are not really effective at all.

If it makes you feel better, then wash them. If you are going to do that, just stick them in the washing machine with some other laundry. That is how I always used to clean toys back when I did. Works pretty darn well :wink:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
My dogs have a 2.75 gallon waterer so I'd be a sad panda if I had to wash it every time they ate! In fact, that's why I got it; they were going through a big bowl two or three times a day so now I only have to refill it once a week. I usually will rinse it out or actually scrub it if it needs it, but that's all. Toys I don't worry about in the slightest. Then again, my dogs don't really have toys because they're boring and don't want to play with them unless they're ripping the stuffing out of it or ingesting it. Since I got sick of cleaning up stuffing and worrying about them eating it, I stick with edible chews. HOWEVER when my puppy comes, the toys will be many and plentiful and will still not be washed unless they are gross and need it.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Clean the water dish daily but the toys, NOPE, NADA, NO GRACIAS and they play with them daily!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts