Dog Food Chat banner

901 - 920 of 944 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Haven't posted many pics lately. This forum has slowed down a bit sadly. Anyways, here are some past pics for your interest.

whole rabbit

deer leg

bison tail, beef pancreas, ground llama, beef heart and trachea

venison leg, whole quail, beef tripe and liver

beef heart, bison tongue, and chicken foot

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't been here in a while. That's what happens when you get a full-time job... On an organic farm! It's awesome. I get TONS of "reject" eggs and produce, and I can have (I prefer to buy) both raw cow and goat milk! Of course I share it with the dogs, and they greatly enjoy what I bring home from work.
Anywho, pictures!

Chicken giblets and an egg and some yogurt.

Sasha working on a Baby Beef foot.

Juneau waiting for permission to eat her foot. (I don't know why but she always does that.)

Some assorted meals.

Sometimes Juneau will eat like this.

A cruddy picture of the "20 pound meat box" that I keep in the fridge and refill when needed.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Greens! (Yes, they ate and liked them!)

Another 20 pound meat box picture, freshly filled with chicken, pork, beef, and a turkey neck.

Conker announces the food. Every day. For at least 30 seconds.

That's my meat knife. A foot and a half long knife that I use to cut the meat.

Sasha (Look at how fit and trim she is! She used to be a fatty fat fat.)

Juneau.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Conker strongly prefers turkey necks, so he usually gets those instead of chicken.

I love how his eyes look dark and primal when he eats.

Chicken boobs for the Girls.

Right now the dogs get assorted meats, usually chicken with either beef or pork, liver (usually beef), eggs, raw milk/yogurt, a few supplements, and some sort of plants I bring home from the farm. Currently that is greens, radishes, carrots, and various squashes (zucchini) that I run through the hand-crank meat grinder. They like them, and digest them just fine, so they will continue to get them. Sometimes they get grains(oats or rice) instead, but since I've got access to great, healthy, organic, and FREE produce, that is what I prefer to give them.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
A lot of stuff comes from ads for free meat, butchers, deer processors and grocery stores.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Is any type of raw meat/part safe?
I wouldn't feed stomach or intestines because if there are parasites, that's where they would be. Also weight bearing bones. They are subject to cracking and breaking teeth because of being so dense.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Emma meals

pork, turkey neck/deer with homemade beef neck broth

pork/pork ribs with pork blood

Nummy nummy! Beef neck! This was taken just before I traded the bone for a beef liver

Pork, soup bone broth/marrow half(she get's marrow halfs every Monday, Weds/Fri)

Playing tetris in the freezer....twas NOT fun! See the package of brats on the bottom? Yeah, my husband pulled it out and everything came tumbling down -.-

Prepping boneless din dins. Pork is her staple

Turkey wing. Nummy!

Kitty watching Emma eat. I HOPE she is getting jealous and switches on her own accord. She's 13+ years old and has been on Meow Mix all her life. We've switched her to high quality kibbles with poor results :(

·
Registered
712 Posts
Meals yesterday, fryer legs with pork stuff, some lung, heart, organs.

Let them all work on a pig leg, in hindsight should have taken out some more meat, there wasn't much left by Ripley's turn so I had to freezer search and threw her a whole quail after this.
Jersey first

Nero's turn

Ripley

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
DSC07594.jpg

This is my freebie from a few weeks ago for Stanley, a piece of cow spine with a few ribs attached - yum yum yum says the greyhound!

·
Registered
253 Posts

This is what the dogs got today. Three bowls contain chicken, pork, beef liver ad heart, eggs, and yogurt. The fourth contains a chicken leg, egg, and some yogurt.

The fourth bowl belongs to this guy, a Shiba inu that I rescued off the freeway after his owner chucked him out the car window. I don't think he's ever eaten a raw chicken leg before, since he just stared at it for a few minutes.

I held it for him as he figured out how this raw food thing works.

He got it eventually.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I spy a Salmon tail!!!....I think xD

And that poor Shiba! Glad he's in good hands now. I would of loved to watch him stare at it LOL

901 - 920 of 944 Posts