Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed my dogs kibble, but I would love to start giving them the occasional RMB at least once a week.

can someone give me an example of a good RMB? and where can i get them.
Does it hurt anything to feed it outside?

LOL, might sound funny, but thats the major reason i do not do raw. I will NOT even touch the stuff with gloves on because I have ocd, and just cannot bare the thought! I will use my gopher grabber to pick up the RMB! LOL
Gopher Grabber
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/215VCCAGFQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I would say a chicken neck/back?

And LOL at the gopher! That is clever of you. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found some big sort of bones. look like maybe from a cow. the bones are huge, so they cannot eat the bone, but it would be fun for them to try to get all of the meat off.
what about that?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have been told to be careful with any kind of weight bearing bones from a large animal like a cow, as the bones can be too dense and damage your dogs teeth.

I would stick with chicken necks and backs, turkey necks, pork or beef ribs, etc.

JMO. :)

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
If you want a RMB from a cow, the only one that I recommend is beef ribs. They are durable enough to last a while but also soft enough for them to chew on without the risk of breaking teeth.

Honestly, giving them a turkey neck or chicken quarter, or something they can actually chew through and ingest would be the best. I think the major dental benefits are from these types of RMB's...not your typical rec bone.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Remember not to give RMB's with or soon after/before a kibble meal. I would just do RMB's one day and kibble the next or something...Its ultimately better for the dog to do it that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts