Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I cheat ... I feed the premade raw patties from Nature's Variety. My question is, if I feed Venison kibble at night should I feed the Vension raw in the morning? Would it pose a problem if I fed beef or lamb raw in the morning? My boy has a senstive tummy so wondering if I should stick with all one meat source and then rotate all together at the same time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
It's always been my contention that dogs have sensitive tummies to begin with because they are improperly fed. They are fed food that is very difficult for their bodies to digest. If that weren't the case we wouldn't have these great numbers of dogs with sensitive tummies.

You are asking the wrong question. The question should be, "My dog has a sensitive tummy. What should I do to get him over this problem?"

The answer to THAT question is to get him off the premade stuff. Get him off the kibble and feed him the food his body was designed to digest. He is not equipped to digest processed foods, rather whole raw meat, bones, and organs from a variety of animals.

Start feeding a prey model raw diet and his tummy won't be sensitive anymore. He will be able to eat anything you put in front of him as long as it's meat, bone, or organs. Check out my web page listed in my SIg.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I agree with RFD, but if you don't believe him/don't want to try it (but trust me, it works), I would suggest sticking with the same protein source until you know his tummy issues are more under control, then try slowly adding other protein sources.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Now when one says feed raw meat, bones, and organs from a variety of animals, would chicken, pork, and beef sources be OK, or would you want even more types of animals?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
No, that would be fine. You'll probably want to add some canned salmon or mackerel in there too, for the omega fatty acids.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Now when one says feed raw meat, bones, and organs from a variety of animals, would chicken, pork, and beef sources be OK, or would you want even more types of animals?
The greater the diversity in protein sources the better. We don't really get organ protein and bone from all that many different sources, but we try our best. If we could get all the different organs/bones from all the souces we would!

Here is what we try and feed on a regular to semi regular basis:

Chicken (quarters, backs, breats, liver...anything really)
Beef (heart, ribs, kidney, liver, various different cuts, etc)
Pork (roast, ribs, necks)
Turkey (necks, whole bird)
Pollock (fillets)
Tilapia (whole)
Mackarel (canned)
Salmon (canned)
Sardines (canned)
Tuna (canned)
Buffalo (different cuts on rare occasion)
Venison (different cuts)
Elk (different cuts)
Antelope (different cuts on very rare occasion)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts