Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started last Friday, so 10 days ago. The dogs love it! I thought it was going to be alot more work than it has been so far. Poop duty in the backyard takes 5 minutes or less, and we just throw it over the fence (no worries, its a field not someones yard). The garbage man may actually start to like me again :biggrin:

Right now I have been feeding each dog 1 chicken quarter in the morning, one in the afternoon. Godzilla gets the largest ones. No tummy troubles so I have thrown in some turkey necks.

In this weeks meals I added pork neck bones, and some beef kidney (just itty bitty pieces about half of the meals). Do you think it is too soon to try different meats, even though they haven't had any troubles so far?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Right now I have been feeding each dog 1 chicken quarter in the morning, one in the afternoon. Godzilla gets the largest ones. No tummy troubles so I have thrown in some turkey necks.

In this weeks meals I added pork neck bones, and some beef kidney (just itty bitty pieces about half of the meals). Do you think it is too soon to try different meats, even though they haven't had any troubles so far?
It's going a little faster than I recommend but your dogs are the final authority. As long as there are no digestive problems, you aren't going too fast.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yeah if your dogs are tolerating it just fine, then what you're doing is working for them.

Congrats on raw working so well for you! My dogs love it too, they've been on it for almost a year now and it's the best thing that's ever happened to them!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
My mom just ran out of dog food a couple of days ago (she feeds Blue Buffalo, which they don't carry in her area so I was gonna bring her some this weekend) so she fed the dogs cat food the next day. I chewed her out for it and told her to buy chicken leg quarters and feed those until I got into town. Well she fed them raw chicken leg quarters this morning and was so delighted by how much the dogs love it, she told me to return the dog food and that she'd just keep feeding raw so long as it works out for them between now and when I leave :biggrin:

She's also getting her new cat switched over to raw food slowly but surely and I can tell she's just loving how much they're loving it and doing the right thing for her pets. Besides, most of her kids will be off at college soon, so she'll need something else to baby instead of us :smile:

I just thought I'd share that, after I've been on raw for almost a year now, my mom is finally going to switch over too yay! I'm excited!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Good for her! Makes you feel like you accomplished something good, I haven't had that much luck yet with my family and their pets, although I did get my Mom to switch her poodle off Nutro to Innova kibble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts