Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im new here. I have been researching about raw feeding and thinking about raw feeding my Rottweiler. he is 8 weeks and ive owned rotties for years and 2 of them last year died of cancer last year, so I want to feed my new rottie kato good food and I hear raw is best. if I can get some advice from you guys on portion and what exactly to feed im interested in hearing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi! You should definitely give raw a shot! Puppy is the best time to start on raw because you don't have any bad stuff to reverse and most pups transition smoothly onto raw. You can find info on how to transition at preymodelraw.com...the only thing is I reccomend trying to cut the transition time in half for a puppy. Organ meat especially you want to get a puppy on sooner than an adult dog imo because puppies are growing and need the dense nutrients they provide. I believe the amount for puppies is 3% of their projected adult weight or 10% of tb eir current weight...but maybe someone else can confirm that. As far as what you can feed...once your pup is used to raw you can feed most types of meat. Chicken, turkey, duck, beef, pork, venison, bison, lamb, goat, rabbit, sardines, anchovies, mackerel or herring are some of the foods commonly fed. You just want to feed a minimum of four protiens to ensure optimal variation. Good luck, feeding raw is fantastic and I thonk you will enjoy seeing the benefits to your pup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts