Dog Food Chat banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just joined SOCalBArf on Yahoo. They have a co-op in San Diego Ca. I am going to check into it.

I think for So cal, driving is required 1 time a year. I think I read membership is at 10,000.00.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just joined SOCalBArf on Yahoo. They have a co-op in San Diego Ca. I am going to check into it.

I think for So cal, driving is required 1 time a year. I think I read membership is at 10,000.00.
you can also try Doggie Distro , they're out of Temecula and sell between 5-60lb cases so you can co-op through them. They don't have a minimum purchase and sell organ meats in small 5lb boxes so they're easier to defrost :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone in Detroit, Michigan?????? I had a great source and then just as it got going, it quit!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm back to square one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know of any places in Calgary, Alberta, Canada? I would like to switch to raw dog food but I am not sure if it is economical.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know if the FloriBamaRAW group (co-op?) is still active. I've joined the Yahoo group but don't see people posting. Also, I'm open to any other Northwest/Panhandle Florida groups, or in southern Alabama or Georgia along with any online retailers who ship to Florida without charging out of the wazoo. I tried MyPetCarnivore but it was over $100 to ship like 60 lbs of meat which is a little too pricey for me with the amount my dog eats. Oh, and my dad currently works in Norfolk, VA and comes home every few weeks and would be willing to pick up meat there for me and bring it home when he visits. So basically I'm looking for co-ops in the Florida Panhandle, Southern AL or GA, or Norfolk (or somewhere near there), VA. Sorry for the crazy long list/ramble haha. :sorry:

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Not sure on that one. I was interested in the central Alabama one awhile back and it's not active anymore. Not sure how to go about starting one up, but I would like to have one in Bama somehow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure on that one. I was interested in the central Alabama one awhile back and it's not active anymore. Not sure how to go about starting one up, but I would like to have one in Bama somehow.
You're about 4 hours from me, I think. May I ask where you source your meat from that you use now?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I get some from walmart, but I also get a lot free from Craigslist ads I have placed, and classified magazines like the Traders Helper and the Buy Sell Bulletin. Those are free to put ads in, but I don't think they are as as far down as you are. How close are you to Mobile? They have The Shopper I think there and its free to put ads in also I'm pretty sure. I also get tons of free deer from processors now since it's deer season. Our family are also hunters so that helps too.

Not sure what all you have down your way, but you can google meat markets and butchers in your area and you may find some you never knew about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am in Roanoke VA. Did you had a chance to find any good source for raw feeding? I am a new dog owner, Adopted Zigmund ( Zigi ) from SPCA about 3 weeks ago. Been on raw food for about 2 weeks. Would love to find some body to get more knowledge/experience. [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
We are located in northern Illinois. I did not see any CO-OPS listed on the site for this area, does anyone know of one? We have 2 on raw now and are adopting a third ---- economical is going to be necessary haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello. Anyone know of another raw feeding coop in or near the Atlanta Georgia area? The only one I see posted on the list for Georgia, when I click on the link it states the page is no longer there. And if not how do you find meat distributors to try to order from? I'm new to raw feeding and trying to get the hang of it as well as not break the bank. I have 3 larger dogs to feed. Ny help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't join Yahoo Group

I just created a new yahoo group for anyone in Asheville, NC region. I dont think theres anyone on this board from around here, but I'll still post it just in case.
preymodelasheville : Raw Fed Pets Asheville
I began feeding raw to my dog & five cats in February. I also have eight foster kittens that I feed raw. We also have two more dogs in Korea with my husband that will be coming home - someday. I seriously need to network with other raw feeders & find a co-op for bulk purchasing. But for whatever reason, I can't get the join group process to complete in Yahoo Groups. I type in the code shown in the box and it just keeps giving me a new code. Is there any other way to make contact?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm looking for a coop or meat sources in Laurinburg, North Carolina. Biggest city nearby is Fayetteville. You can PM me or post here.
Thanks!

81 - 100 of 109 Posts