Dog Food Chat banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
For those of you who live in Georgia:

Hello, Carrell Farms, Inc. a grass based farming operation in Monroe, GA. We produce 100 % grassfed lamb, alpaca, and Asian water buffalo that is hormone and antibiotic free. All of our products are human grade and USDA inspected.
We currently have available Asian water buffalo liver, heart, spleen, and kidney for $3/lb. We have water buffalo short ribs that are very meaty for $6/lb. Water buffalo trimmings are available for $4/lb.
Also available are bone in rib eye steaks, top sirloins, whole tenderloins, and other cuts for pet owners. Let us know if you'd like a price list.
We are located 50 miles east of ATL and can ship anywhere.
Thanks,
David Carrell
Carrell Farms, Inc.
Monroe, GA
770-267-0948

Supplier not co op, but he seems to have interesting stuff.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Is there a co-op in the North Texas area? I'm starting to think there is not.

I have ordered from Texas Tripe but he has a limited selection.

I joined the DFW BARF group on yahoo - it's got some good stuff but I don't see co-op.

And this grocery store called El Rancho over in Dallas - anyone go to it? Seems like it might have the frozen sardines I've never been able to find anywhere.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Same here, Tim. I can't find any kind of raw-feeding co-op/supplier/group of any kind for the North Mississippi/Memphis area. Not even a "friendly neighborhood butcher" to try and get some raw-food deals, and I'm more than a little leery of feeding what's at the local WM, etc. Not to mention not cheap, although that's not really my biggest concern, more concerned about finding fresh, un-enhanced, handled-as-little-as-possible meat for my boys.

DD

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Does anybody go thru the CT co-op? It seems to be the closest one to me so far >.<
I joined it a long time ago to see what it was all about, it's an active group with group buys..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am just now starting a Co-op in the NE Florida area. You can find us on Facebook.

I am currently looking for members to split the cost in buying bulk for Red Rock Raw. That is not currently distributed here in Florida and I know many out of state friends who use it and swear by it. So my only way of getting it is by the Palette....2000lbs. If anyone is interested, let me know. Search Facebook for North Florida Raw Dog Food Co-op

My Bella is an English Bulldog with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency. I have gone through about 10 different kibbles in the past 2 years. So far we are on week 3 of raw patties and it is awesome!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I checked with a couple and well I can't afford a monthly fee as well as 60$ a case of necks. I just cannot do the co ops - at least the ones I checked with.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Does anyone know of any in Atlanta, ga? The link on the post was not working, and Google didn't bring anything up....
If your in atlanta you can go to Deklab famrers market or Bufurd hwy farmers market and by cases or just buy selections.

we have a membership yearly fee....monthly? why?

the mnthly memebership was outraguos, the cost of the food not worth it, and everything else is just not something a full time 2 jobs 64hr week person can ackomplish. it wasn't for me in other words. I checked several, got frustrated and gave up.

Reactions: magicre

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Does anyone know of any co-ops near where I am? I am near Roanoke, VA but Mt. Airey, NC is just about 1.5 hours up I77. I could drive that way for decent prices. Virginia just doesn't seem to be into raw feeding!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
If your in atlanta you can go to Deklab famrers market or Bufurd hwy farmers market and by cases or just buy selections.

the mnthly memebership was outraguos, the cost of the food not worth it, and everything else is just not something a full time 2 jobs 64hr week person can ackomplish. it wasn't for me in other words. I checked several, got frustrated and gave up.
are you in georgia?

DogAware.com: Raw Dog Food Co-ops and Local Groups

have you checked here?

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes I am in Norcross. I like Bufurd HWY becuase I can get 40lbs of chickeen necks ffor 17$ and it's 5 minutes away.

In Kennesaw check out Tip Top foods Marietta
there is also Golden Choice Raw pet foods in Kennasaw. I started feeding raw wiith them then went to making it myself since they were so far from me.

Tip Top Foods - Meat Shop - Marietta, GA | Facebook

gcpfoods

Reactions: Charged77

·
Registered
317 Posts
figured I would post on here again about still needing a co-op, there is just nothing out here and the one I found I can't find a delivery point close (think closest is 2 hours and with a new baby having her in the car for over 4 hours just doesn't sound good)

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
61 - 80 of 109 Posts