Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A teenage girl brought a kitten into my work this past Friday and now doesn't want it any longer, so now she is mine LOL.

I want to get her started on a raw diet...but I am wondering if anyone on here knows anything about feeding requirements for a young kitten...probably only 5 weeks.

I am going to be doing more research on this on my own, but I am wondering if anyone on here has a personal experience in the matter. I have already gone to the Asian market here and got a bag of raw, frozen, whole anchovies for her for now, which she eats like a champ without hesitation :D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Cornish gamehen has been great for my new kittens, the bones in it are so small it's much easier for them to eat it. And I give giblets several times a week and chicken liver once a week so far.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cornish gamehen has been great for my new kittens, the bones in it are so small it's much easier for them to eat it. And I give giblets several times a week and chicken liver once a week so far.

How long have you been doing raw with them?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you feeding them anything other than that?

No other advice from anyone?

She is doing great just having a bit of whatever the dogs are having :D

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Are you feeding them anything other than that?

No other advice from anyone?

She is doing great just having a bit of whatever the dogs are having :D
My cats eat exactly the same as my dogs, just less of it and smaller pieces. I have never owned a kitten so I can't help you in that department. I don't see anything wrong with what rannmiller said. :smile:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
As soon as I actually get to have them with me 24/7 instead of with my boyfriend, I'll start adding other things like steak, eggs, and other protein sources and organ meats for them, but yeah, that's all they're getting right now.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! Thanks for the info and input. I will just continue feeding her the way we have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Raw Feeding a Kitten.
I think you can get in trouble for that. A lot of people see cats as "pets" rather than prey. My coonhound would disagree.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts