Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered to death. I searched here, but didn't come up with anything much.

What do you raw feeders use in your Kongs? Sometimes I just need to give Cali one to keep her busy. :smile:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use low fat peanut butter and freeze it :) I don't think my dogs could remove pieces of meat stuffed through the holes and it'd be a bloody mess when it thaws.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Here are some interesting recipes for kong stuffers that I found that may appeal to us raw feeders;

Philly Steak

Steak scraps
1 ounce cream cheese

Place small scraps of the steak inside Kong toy.
Spread cream cheese in large hole to hold scraps.

Simple, Tried and True

Peanut Butter
Smear peanut butter inside the cavity of your Kong toy. It's that easy!

Or:
Try mixing turkey, chicken, or marrow bites with slightly moistened food nuggets. Freeze inside the Kong.

Frozen Jerky Pops

Peanut Butter
Bouillon
Jerky Strips
Water

Smear a small amount of peanut butter over small hole in our Kong toy. Fill the toy with cool water and add a pinch of bouillon. Place a jerky stick inside Kong toy and freeze. This also can be put (once frozen) in a children's size swimming pool for a fun day of fishing for your pet.

Scrambled Egg Delight

1 scrambled egg
shredded cheese
Scramble egg and put into Kong. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the egg inside the Kong and microwave for 10-20 seconds. Make sure to cool thoroughly before giving to dog.

Lickin Chicken

leftover chicken (or turkey) scraps
cream cheese (fat free is best!)
Place small scraps inside Kong Toy. Seal opening with a small amount of cream cheese to hold the scraps in.

*You could also try a Kong stuffed with ground or cubed meat and frozen.

Enjoy:smile:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super! I wasn't sure if raw feeding changed what people put in their Kongs. Seems I'm OK.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i put dehydrated chicken breast chunks or baked liver chunks. I also use sugar free peanut butter. Sometimes grain free salmon treats. :)

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I would try and stick to species appropriate things...but its hard to find paste type things.

If you're not worried about mess you could pack it with some ground meat or something :D

I personally suggest forgo the kong and give beef ribs! Those will keep the dogs happy for a while!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts