Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am actually going to be starting to give Darwins raw dog food, I have made my order but waiting on shipment. At the store today, I saw Tuckers Lamb Bone frozen and I wanted to try to give one to each of my dogs. Is this harmful for them to have a raw bone before switching to a raw diet?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Welcome! I'm not familiar with darwins, it's pre made, correct? The only raw I feed is prey model because it is true raw and species appropriate. Regardless, bone is a must in raw, so feed it. However, what kind of bone you give is important. You want to give edible bones, rather than the larger weight bearing bones. Those are really dense and can break teeth. How big is your dog, and what lamb bones are you wanting to give?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am actually going to be starting to give Darwins raw dog food, I have made my order but waiting on shipment. At the store today, I saw Tuckers Lamb Bone frozen and I wanted to try to give one to each of my dogs. Is this harmful for them to have a raw bone before switching to a raw diet?
As Jenny said, the issue is the risk to teeth of hard (weight bearing) bones to teeth or semi-hard ones being gulped and causing risks of obstructions.

I'm risk averse and prefer serving soft edible bones (like chicken).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Darwin's is BARF style pre-made.

I also second the no weight-bearing bones. Way too easy to break teeth, especially the back teeth, which are doozies to get extracted. My pup just had a front tooth extracted and that's been bad enough as is. I wouldn't expect it to be too much of a problem if it is edible bone, but I would expect you to run into some digestive upset if your dog isn't used to it.

Good on you for switching to a raw food, though. I will say that you will spend WAY more money on Darwin's than you ever will feeding PMR. You will also not get the mental and dental benefits of feeding PMR, which can only really be achieved by crunching through bone and tearing meat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These video songs are an acquired taste. Most people that will listen to this will say that it is terrible and would stay away from it like the plague. But for me, it is very soothing and very relaxing to the soul. I always listen to it during my commute to and from work. It always keeps me calm throughout the workday and keeps me rested while I travel back home. That is something that I can never get from any other song. If you want a copy of the songs, you can install roblox pc and don’t forget to get a how to get gacha life on pc at check out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts