Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
ICK, I can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the database that our co-op posted from "American Rodent Supply" was for people who wanted to buy mice, rats and chicks for their cats that they rawfed, but I guess I was wrong.:eek:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha...he was quiet happy actually, and no poo issues either. :smile:

I have a friend that breeds them for her reptiles so I can have an endless supply if I want them. It's just a lot of work to have to dismantle it for him.

Funny thing too is that when I cut the abdominal cavity open I accidentally cut open the stomach. He wouldn't even touch the thing until I took the stomach out. He eventually ate it later, but he had no interest in it at first. I wouldn't either...whatever that rat ate before he died didn't look too appetizing. LOL

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cool pics, those look like the perfect size for him. I just got some rats for my guys too but haven't tried feeding them yet. I'm excited for the whole prey though! Access to rats or mice is a great opportunity to improve their diet.

I just won't show my girls (my pet rats!) these photos :biggrin:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well that answers my question. I have 3 in my refrigerator that I left in there to long for three snakes so to the dogs they go. Ack, I draw the line at cutting the stomach out though. Did he eventually eat the head?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.