Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning for Rat Lovers: This post contains graphic pictures of a rat being eaten...if this would bother you then I wouldn't recommend looking any further.

So we finally remembered to try Brady with the rat. It took quite a bit of coaxing, but he finally got it.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
ICK, I can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the database that our co-op posted from "American Rodent Supply" was for people who wanted to buy mice, rats and chicks for their cats that they rawfed, but I guess I was wrong.:eek:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha...he was quiet happy actually, and no poo issues either. :smile:

I have a friend that breeds them for her reptiles so I can have an endless supply if I want them. It's just a lot of work to have to dismantle it for him.

Funny thing too is that when I cut the abdominal cavity open I accidentally cut open the stomach. He wouldn't even touch the thing until I took the stomach out. He eventually ate it later, but he had no interest in it at first. I wouldn't either...whatever that rat ate before he died didn't look too appetizing. LOL

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I love rats, and have always had them as pets, but these pictures are freaking AWESOME. I wanna get some for Grissom to nom nom nom.....:smile::tongue:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
one more rat for dogkind, one less rat in the world.

give that dog a kiss for me....:)

sorry, but i grew up in a big city. rats and roaches....blech.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cool pics, those look like the perfect size for him. I just got some rats for my guys too but haven't tried feeding them yet. I'm excited for the whole prey though! Access to rats or mice is a great opportunity to improve their diet.

I just won't show my girls (my pet rats!) these photos :biggrin:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was the rat frozen? i'm presuming he was dead, yes?
She (the one that breeds the rats) whacked him over a steel rod first. It was immediately frozen, and kept that way until feeding time. I thawed him out first, and then fed. :biggrin:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well that answers my question. I have 3 in my refrigerator that I left in there to long for three snakes so to the dogs they go. Ack, I draw the line at cutting the stomach out though. Did he eventually eat the head?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well that answers my question. I have 3 in my refrigerator that I left in there to long for three snakes so to the dogs they go. Ack, I draw the line at cutting the stomach out though. Did he eventually eat the head?
Yeah...he's kinda shy when it comes to certain new things, but takes to it eventually. :smile:

·
Banned
547 Posts
I have an endless supply as well as my friend breeds them for his snake. He whacks them over the head too and they go pretty quick. I havent yet tried rat with mine as I have doubts he will eat it..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts