Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone here feeds the shady brooks brand turkey breast. I have 2 dogs and calculated all my bone/organ percentages. I’ll need a little under 80lbs a month. Keeping costs down are very important, and I’m also avoiding chicken due to my bulldog being allergic. Bone in turkey breast seems to be an ideal cut because the bone percentages are very low, and price per pound around me varies between 1.69-1.99 a pound. Only issue is I see most of not all have been basted in “natural flavorings” including sugar and salt. Would it be possible to remove most of that flavoring by maybe soaking the meat or rinsing it off somehow? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question but I can’t figure out another way to keep my costs down enough for me to afford feeding raw. Beef is too much money, and all the other cuts of turkey have too much bone and would require using ground meat which is insanely expensive per pound. My plan was to use predominately turkey breast, beef organs, and eventually adding sardines once I can find a good cheap source. If anyone has any insight on this I’d greatly appreciate it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts