Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

New here- and was just wondering what your experience was like with Newman's Own Organic Beef and Liver Canned Dog Food.

I bought it from www.dog.com- and when I received the package - I thought the consistency was a bit odd- almost like pudding.
Although it smelled fine, I went ahead and e-mailed the Newman's Own company. They could not have been nicer and offered to send me a replacement case of dog food as they said my batch was likely exposed to excessive heat during shipping.

They just sent me a new batch- but the new batch looks totally different from the first batch I bought. The color is MUCH browner,the smell was much stronger; however the consistency was the same (pudding like).

For those who use this dog food- what exactly is it supposed to look like ?

Thanks in advance! This is a fantastic forum!
:smile: Cheryl

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
What is the ingredient list?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
is it pate style or chunky? generally canned foods contain something called carrageenan which is a seaweek extract and has a jelly like consistency, or possibly guar gum (bean extract) which is also used as a thickener.

I noticed that with pate style food, theres usually a clear jelly on top when you open the can, while with chunk style, its just floating in jelly broth, so thats maybe what you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello :)

Here is the ingredient list for the Newman's Own Organics Beef & Liver:

Organic Beef, Organic Beef Liver, Organic Beef Broth, Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Carbonate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Iodate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite,), Vitamins (Vitamin A, E, D3 and B12 Supplements, Choline, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Pyridoxine, Folic Acid).

It is Pate' Style and not chunky.

I appreciate everyone's help :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts