Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding all of my dogs raw for about 6 months. The way that I got started surprisingly came from a suggestion from my vet (shocked because I had never heard of raw feeding and he hadn't mentioned it ever!). My 2 mastiffs have always had very bad skin problems and maybe he got tired of me bringing them in every other month, I don't really know. Anyway, needless to say there skin conditions have really, really improved. I really am just curious why other people started feeding raw and why. And have I made a good decision. So, far I think I have.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I switched because of the 2007 dog food recalls due to melamine poisoning. And, in particular, the companies that did not issue recalls until absolutely forced to, and in the mean while, dog after dog and cat after cat either died or got terribly ill. Now I know exactly what goes into my dogs mouths. It's even a problem today, Purina who own Waggon Train refused to recall their chicken jerky, even gather years of reports of dogs dying after eating them. There are very, very few kibble companies that I trust now.

·
Registered
778 Posts
well, eli my frenchie came on raw. rex, who has since died, nearly died, injuring his liver, during the diamond fiasco so i am very careful when it comes to kibble. recalls make me freak, actually.
i use farmina, relatively new in the US< and no recalls, and fromm, a very old company and no recalls.
may actually do all raw for all of them in time.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Same as you. I got tired of all the allergy symptoms, and never being able to find the source. Now almost 6 years later I will never go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts