Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do chicken feet make a good 'snack'? I only feed Koda once a day (in the morning) and I've been looking for a little something to give him in the evening because he's a golden and he thinks he's starving 24/7.

Thanks,
Jean

PS - any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Not too sure about the chicken feet and how often you can feed them, but I have heard they are great because they are a good source of glucosamine. My dogs love raw beef ribs. Gives them a little extra meat and provides quite a while of chewing enjoyment! :smile:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Chicken feet, beef ribs, calf ribs, all good choices to feed as an extra.

Reactions: GoldenGirl

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 3 month old rottie puppy loves chicken feet. How many is too much for a pup?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
My 3 month old rottie puppy loves chicken feet. How many is too much for a pup?
Once it gets to the amount that it replaces meat, bone, and organs. You can't really "overdose" on feet, you just need to remember he needs the other good stuff too. :smile:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wez ate chickin feets alls da time. Fry em up in Maws cast orn skilet and make em real crunchy. Mmmm mmmmm. Aint nuttin better in da hole wide world. And I always throwd a few ober to Tater, Mutt, and Lucy and day jest smake dair lips and smiles at me.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Wez ate chickin feets alls da time. Fry em up in Maws cast orn skilet and make em real crunchy. Mmmm mmmmm. Aint nuttin better in da hole wide world. And I always throwd a few ober to Tater, Mutt, and Lucy and day jest smake dair lips and smiles at me.

we used them to make chicken soup...bestest in the world to make chicken broth....:)

and then we nibbled on them.

we'd fry 'em up too.....make 'em cracklin'....num num.

dogs love them.

jewish penicillin they are LOL

·
Registered
474 Posts
we used them to make chicken soup...bestest in the world to make chicken broth....:)

and then we nibbled on them.

we'd fry 'em up too.....make 'em cracklin'....num num.

dogs love them.

jewish penicillin they are LOL
Matza balls and chicken feets. Along with some Loks and bagles from the deli?

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Matza balls and chicken feets. Along with some Loks and bagles from the deli?
damned straight. but that was sunday brunch.

chicken feets and matzah balls....sunday dinner.

any time you're in seattle, doc....come on by..and i'll make you a good jewish chicken soup :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Once it gets to the amount that it replaces meat, bone, and organs. You can't really "overdose" on feet, you just need to remember he needs the other good stuff too. :smile:
But don't chicken feet also have a high amount of bone? Would you need to decrease the bone you feed as well?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Chicken feet have cartilage I believe not bone, that is where the good stuff comes from!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Chicken feet have cartilage I believe not bone, that is where the good stuff comes from!
That's what Asian mothers say! I just always assumed it was a bit of both.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Well, when you hear a dog crunch them it definitely is a different sound than that of a bone, a softer sound.:wink:

Reactions: schtuffy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you ... she only gets 2 a day so no worries then

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I've found them in asian markets and in spanish/mexican markets

1 - 20 of 21 Posts