Dog Food Chat banner

Pups too lazy in the Florida heat!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  harrkim120 
#1 ·
My husband and I have a lounge chair on our screened porch that has been usurped by our babies, but predominantly Tito. When we want to sit on that chair to lounge, we have to push the babies out of it, and Tito stares at us from the floor. As soon as we get up to get something inside or to use the bathroom, Tito immediately jumps back onto the chair and makes himself comfortable.

Anywho, we all spent our Friday out on the porch because it was ridiculously hot inside the house.

See less See more
#4 ·
Don't forget the crazy bugs down here! The bugs here are insane and most of them bite! I'm from Cali where the only bugs we had to worry about were maybe some bees and some flea, but here, all the bugs are on steroids and they all bite! I had to shave my pap-mix down because even with the advantix, the fleas were buried in his immensely long papillon fur and were making his life miserable...:frown:

#5 ·
I had to shave my pap-mix down because even with the advantix, the fleas were buried in his immensely long papillon fur and were making his life miserable...:frown:
It is HOT and HUMID today in Florida, I just tried to take my pup for a walk at 6:00 and I had to turn around with her, I was drenched and she was panting up a storm.

Don't know where in Florida you are, but our lawn is treated for fleas twice a year and we haven't seen a single one. Only thing that sucks is they recommend that the dog doesn't play in the yard until after a good rain shower.

#10 ·
Oh but remember, Coco ate a flea one time and got tapeworms? :biggrin:

I'm located in Central Florida, and we just did a major bug treatment a couple days ago for our yard after the pup got shaved. We're going to do a major treatment inside our next day off together!

#11 ·
Oh but remember, Coco ate a flea one time and got tapeworms? :biggrin:
I do not actually. lol Man, I missed out.

I'm located in Central Florida, and we just did a major bug treatment a couple days ago for our yard after the pup got shaved. We're going to do a major treatment inside our next day off together!
Don't forget to leave the house. :biggrin:

#12 ·
Are you serious? I didn't tell you that story? Omg, it was like the day when work called me for a followup interview or something. I found tapeworms in his poop, so I ran to the vet's to get an appointment and then went for the interview, and then ran back home to sterilize his bedding. Coco likes to eat grass, and apparently one of the grass stalks had a flea on it, because he was on Advantage Multi so there was no way he coulda gotten the flea that way.

Needless to say, the vet checked his tapeworm-ridden stool the next day (which I had to grab right before he had his appointment... ew) and gave him some meds to get rid of it...

My pups cost me a fortune with ridiculous incidences... The only one who never got into any trouble is Ziggy. Ha~

#13 ·
Man, quite a day for ya there.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm currently at Luke's house where we just found out that there is a flea problem. Don't know where they came from because both the dogs and us humans haven't been here in about two weeks. It sucks quite a bit. :frown: I saw one on my pillow.....:frown: :frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.