Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When we got our puppy several months ago he came home from his foster parents with a bag of Purina Pro Plan so we figured that’s what we should feed him. There have been times (especially when someone else in my house feeds him) that we’ve run out of food and I have had to run out to the grocery store last minute, on which occasions I’ve had to buy regular Puppy Chow or Beneful. A small bag of these varieties is $4-5, while Pro-plan is $18 at Petco. Why is it so much more and is it really that much better?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally i don't think proplan is much better than a beneful but that isn't saying much. I feed Orijen dog food now, but he started with Orijen puppy. it may seem like a pricey food but its high calorie and you don't feed as much as if you were giving some of the lower grade foods like proplan that have more cereal and less protein. Purina has had a few recalls over the years as many dog food companies have but Orijen has not and you can check this out on the FDA website. sad thing is if you look up a recall you will often find 1 company is making 8 different brands. great resource to see the quality of food is Dog Food Advisor Orijen Dog Food | Review | Rating | Recalls i buy a 25lb bag of orijen for my 32lb maltipoo and it will last about 2 months and he is always healthy and happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts