Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was online searching for dog food that can help with diarrhea and found this website. I have a two year old pug named Coco. About a month ago she had a seizure. Couldn't afford MRI to confirm if it was epilepsy or encephalitis. Put on phenobarbetal for seizures. Two weeks later had her second seizure and major neurological side effects so she was confirmed with pug encephalitis. We have her on prednisone now for the epilepsy. This is causing her to have diarrhea for the past 12 days. She ended up with colitis and was on a anti-biotic which we just finished this morning. She is taking Immodium A-D. The neurologist suggested Science Hill Prescription Diet W/D wet cat food. Feed her that with her normal dry food. She has been on that 4 days now and the diarrhea actually got worse. I have had to clean her bum with baby wipes and put desitin on it. Doing alot of laundry because when she sleeps she is incontinent with diarrhea. So I am just out here looking to see if anyone has any suggestions of food that I can give her to bind the poop. I have also tried white rice and canned pumpkin which both she threw up. I made her boiled shredded chicken and she eats that so I give her that in addition to the dry and prescribed W/D can food. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,
I was online searching for dog food that can help with diarrhea and found this website. I have a two year old pug named Coco. About a month ago she had a seizure. Couldn't afford MRI to confirm if it was epilepsy or encephalitis. Put on phenobarbetal for seizures. Two weeks later had her second seizure and major neurological side effects so she was confirmed with pug encephalitis. We have her on prednisone now for the encephalitis. This is causing her to have diarrhea for the past 12 days. She ended up with colitis and was on a anti-biotic which we just finished this morning. She is taking Immodium A-D. The neurologist suggested Science Hill Prescription Diet W/D wet cat food. Feed her that with her normal dry food. She has been on that 4 days now and the diarrhea actually got worse. I have had to clean her bum with baby wipes and put desitin on it. Doing alot of laundry because when she sleeps she is incontinent with diarrhea. So I am just out here looking to see if anyone has any suggestions of food that I can give her to bind the poop. I have also tried white rice and canned pumpkin which both she threw up. I made her boiled shredded chicken and she eats that so I give her that in addition to the dry and prescribed W/D can food. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts