Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Not sure if any of you have ever come across this site. It's called Prey For Pets and sells all kinds of meat, organs, and whole carcasses. Just wondering what you guys think of this. The prices seem fairly reasonable also. Not sure what kind of preservatives are used though. That'd be my only concern.

Prey 4 Pets Home Page

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you guys think? Would it be cheaper to just order these things elsewhere?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well it's nice that they offer a lot of things that aren't prolific in the supermarket but of the stuff they have that I can buy at the store, their prices are astronomical. Their prices for ribs, liver, heart, ox tail, etc. are 2 to 4 times what I pay locally. But I guess if you want bison, quail, rabbit, water buffalo, or feeder chicks, this might be a good source.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I found rabbit for $1.25/lb locally (HINT: look for a reptile food breeder! lol) and they want almost five times that.
Also, all the things i get for $1/lb are far more expensive on there. While variety is important, I feel like I get enough variety with local more affordable meats to not need to spend that kind of money on more exotic stuff.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh thanks for letting me know. Where do you guys generally purchase your more exotic meats like deer, rabbit, quail, etc?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey guys! Not sure if any of you have ever come across this site. It's called Prey For Pets and sells all kinds of meat, organs, and whole carcasses. Just wondering what you guys think of this. The prices seem fairly reasonable also. Not sure what kind of preservatives are used though. That'd be my only concern.

Prey 4 Pets Home Page
A few years ago, I was on a board with the lady that owns that outfit. I can't remember which one. Maybe it was the yahoo group "rawmeatybones" but I'm not sure. I don't remember why but I wasn't impressed with the place at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts