Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding raw for about a week now and it is going pretty well. The only concern thatI have is that my dogs have not pooped much if any in the past couple of days. They are eating, playing and are otherwise normal. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get used to it! :D That's one of the testimonials of feeding raw - there's so little waste left over - your dogs are getting more nutrition from what you are feeding instead of fillers. Isn't it grand?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Yep, they aren't gonna poop much from now on. As you get further into raw feeding and build up a good variety of meats, you will see that poops are determined by what was eaten to create them. They will be different colors. If you feed veggies (which you sholdn't) you will get some larger and sometimes mushier stools. Stick to meat, bones, and organs and they will pretty much stay small. They will turn white and powdery in a few days and wash away when it rains. I almost never get up poop in the yard anymore. It disappears without me having to.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
How long does it take for the poop to go away if you live in the desert where it never rains?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
How long does it take for the poop to go away if you live in the desert where it never rains?
It will become a white powdery substance. It may blow away in the wind or you may have to pick it up every few weeks. I don't live in the desert so I am kinda guessing here. I have to pick up poop in my back yard once or twice a year. The last few years have been pretty dry in the southeast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts