Dog Food Chat banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice to see another BRT owner! Welcome! :biggrin:
Thanks Sara! Its my first BRT, and i´m very impressed with this breed. I couldn´t ask for more, and i´m sure you now what i´m talking about. It´s funny, i know a guy that works here in Europe and it´s from Oregon, he is a great person, so if you are also from Oregon and have a BRT you must be a super person:smile:

Reactions: luvMyBRT

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Thank you for the kind words! :biggrin:
What a small world it is....
I hope to see you around...I know you will find some useful information here. :smile:

BTW, I'd love to see some pics. of your BRT!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
lets see if we can associate the scoring with the food brand hehe:

Score 0: Iams
Score 25: Pedigree, Purina,
Score 50: Diamond (Canidae, TOTW, SG)
Score 75: Wellness Core, Fromm, Blue Buffalo
Score 100: Orijen, Acana, Evo, Nature's Variety

hehe, i was just having fun with this :)
I feed wellness core and my dogs all poop in the 100 range. Haven't seen any soft poop since I started feeding them core...Definitely not a 75 those look pretty nasty to me and I wouldn't be happy with them...at all O_O' I worked in a boarding facility and most dogs who came had 75s on foods like Solid Gold. I HATED picking those up.

My dogs - some of their poops are pretty white from the bone I feed in their raw food. The poops differ because I feed kibble in morning usually - resulting in the very hard dark poops and raw at night, resulting in the crumbly poos. They don't strain to poo either..

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
i didn't eat breakfast this morning but
i had to look at the poop chart. after looking at the chart
i can say my dogs poops are good and so are mine. ROTFL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting topic lol. I'm a vet tech so I see the worst of the worst at times. Anyways, my dog is currently on a transition from Merrick's Dry (the one with the grain and cute names) to Acana Wild Prairie. His poops since being on Merricks have been in the soft probably 50 range with some bouts of diarrhea for no reason. This has gone on really since he was put on Merricks 5 months ago. He was on Innova before that and did a little better til the last bag before we switched. He got really bad diarrhea and so that was the end of innova for us especially with the buyout. Well I decided to go grain free because his coat is really looking dry on merricks, and really he has always had some dandruff and being black, it is way more noticable. I am hoping his stools will look better on the Acana. I really am hoping for the 100 or 2 on the second chart. It is embarrassing when he goes and I can't clean it up all the way because it smears on the ground. Plus it would be nice for him to go once on a walk instead of 2-3 times or more. That has happened since switching to merricks. Here's to hoping for better poops lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL My Husband is now positive that I am crazy:suspicious:...looking at pictures of poop online!! Good to know though right? I always thought that a dog with firm formed easily cleaned up poo was getting the most from his diet. Less waste means the dog is absorbing more nutrients, or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
684 Posts
My vet says a good poo should be "kickable" - lol! If that's the case, my dog, Brodie fails. He's between 50 and 75 right now. Boxers seem to have a corner on the market when it comes to digestive issues...

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Snorkels poo is almost always at 100. That's because she has chronic constipation and very hard poops and I do all I can to make them softer.

But I don't worry about Rebel if his poops go down to 50. normally they are about 75. But 50 isn't diarrhea or even close to me - it just means I need to give him a little more bone.

I think there should be a 125 on there - when poop comes out like sand in the hourglass!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I agree with Mindy. Its no fun trying to get my bouvier to stand still for the bucket wash of her read end. I have to be very careful with her food or any changes to new kibble.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Yeah! Love it! My boy is on Acana Lamb/Apple and his poops went from a 0 to 100 in less than a week! Loving this food and never switching!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Can you go into the negatives with this score chart? Haha because I am sure they list would get MUCH much longer!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am wondering were is a point point for a dogs poop to be at?

on Kibble Jones would go between at 25 and a 50.

Now on raw he is at a 100. sometimes it seems though that he seems to squat for quite some time before moving on.

He has only been on raw now for 5 weeks, so I am still getting him onto a balanced diet.

He started beef w/out bone last week, and organs this weekend. His poop this week has been really dark, but I understand that that is from the organs.

I have found a place that sells chicken breasts at not much more than the thighs I am getting would it be best for me to reduce the amount of bone in his diet or is his poop ok at a 100?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great chart. ((Gag)) :biggrin: Just kidding. In all honesty it is nice to have something to compare poops too. I'm glad to report that Lucky's doo doos are almost always in the 100 range. Small, on the dark side, hard, very easy to pick up. She's a great pooper! :tongue:
Hey, I am new here, just wondering what a 'modified' BARF diet is. there are soooooo many views. I kinda think that no kibble with raw makes sense since the digestive enzymes for raw would totally be different then the processed kibble. Hubby wants to finish the kibble, I want to donate it. what to do!!???? I have a friend that uses a BRT as a service dog!!! PS: Uzie has the 80ish to 100 since I have him on raw but was feeding him 1/3 of kibble in the am with his dispenser ball which is so cool for him as he is Basenji!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
From what I understand poops between 75-100 are the best. If your pup is really straining you might want to add more boneless/wet food to help soften things up.

Reactions: SKatey
41 - 60 of 61 Posts