Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a scoring system is great for evaluating poop, because its just one of the fun pleasures of dog ownership! Here is a scoring system to know what actual diarrhea looks like as well as what ideal bowel movements look like. I see all the time what people say is "diarrhea" when in actuality its just "soft serve" because there is a difference. Please reference this chart for future reference :wink:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
I think a scoring system is great for evaluating poop, because its just one of the fun pleasures of dog ownership! Here is a scoring system to know what actual diarrhea looks like as well as what ideal bowel movements look like. I see all the time what people say is "diarrhea" when in actuality its just "soft serve" because there is a difference. Please reference this chart for future reference :wink:

shane;s looks like the last pic in the ''50'' score. its not VERY soft, just soft =p.

oh and im eating now as well =p.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ But if her stool looks like a score of 50 then it IS very soft. If it were firmer it would score higher :confused:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
her??? shane's a guy......
it looks like the last score 50 a lo but sometimes looks like 75...id score it a 65 for most times.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
LOL ok, did you get some of these photos from my back yard :tongue:LOL!!! My dogs dont have the bloody ones but yeah I can see its some from my back yard:biggrin::wink:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you trying to make fun of my dog....shane is obviously a guys name...and he looks like a good looking male...

didnt know this forum was called..doginsultschat.com idk =p.
Whoa. Not making fun of your dog man...I have only seen the picture of him in your avatar and from that you can't tell the gender. And we have 3 separate dogs here at my clinic who are all female and named Shane (one of which is a golden), so its not unheard of to call a female dog Shane. Chill dude, not everyone here is out to get you :tongue: :wink:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
ok im sorry, i just thought most people kne shane was a gy's name never heard it being called to a female.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's gross

Informative

but gross

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Great chart. ((Gag)) :biggrin: Just kidding. In all honesty it is nice to have something to compare poops too. I'm glad to report that Lucky's doo doos are almost always in the 100 range. Small, on the dark side, hard, very easy to pick up. She's a great pooper! :tongue:

·
Registered
9 Posts
shane;s looks like the last pic in the ''50'' score. its not VERY soft, just soft =p.

oh and im eating now as well =p.
I heard from other websites that if the stool is very hard then it can mean the dog has ordinary constipation, and in the chart above the score is 100 for very hard can anybody explain?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I heard from other websites that if the stool is very hard then it can mean the dog has ordinary constipation, and in the chart above the score is 100 for very hard can anybody explain?
I have no clue what the hell you might be talking about, hopw can a poop be very hard?

·
Banned
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hard stool and constipation are two *completely* different things. Hard stool cannot be constipation and vice versa.

·
Registered
127 Posts

lets see if we can associate the scoring with the food brand hehe:

Score 0: Iams
Score 25: Pedigree, Purina,
Score 50: Diamond (Canidae, TOTW, SG)
Score 75: Wellness Core, Fromm, Blue Buffalo
Score 100: Orijen, Acana, Evo, Nature's Variety

hehe, i was just having fun with this :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
lets see if we can associate the scoring with the food brand hehe:

Score 0: Iams
Score 25: Pedigree, Purina,
Score 50: Diamond (Canidae, TOTW, SG)
Score 75: Wellness Core, Fromm, Blue Buffalo
Score 100: Orijen, Acana, Evo, Nature's Variety

hehe, i was just having fun with this :)
Hilarious, thanks for the laugh. :biggrin:

Could also be a sign of disease too. I have one like that with Barnum.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts