Dog Food Chat banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
That sounds great. At the moment he's in a playpen which is about 1.5 meter long and wide and he's got training pad in there with him. Then when I get home, he's free to run round the house. Oh, and I take him on 2 short walks, 10-15 mins morning and lunch then a longer walk, about 30mins after work. He's still full of energy after that!!

I can start crate training him during the weekend when I'm home :smile: Once he's crate trained, I can leave him in his playpen again during the day then I'll let him out for comfort breaks when I get home.

Maybe I should start gaving him yogurt again? He didn't seem to eat as much of his poop when he had yogurt?! Now he'll eat nearly every bit of it!!
A labrador breeder once told me she gives a teaspoon (a dollop) of yogurt everyday to her dogs to help their digestive system. I also give my two dogs yogurt regularly. I haven't noticed any difference but it makes me feel better. It can't hurt so why not?! I wouldn't give too much though because they could get diarrhea from it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That sounds great. At the moment he's in a playpen which is about 1.5 meter long and wide and he's got training pad in there with him. Then when I get home, he's free to run round the house. Oh, and I take him on 2 short walks, 10-15 mins morning and lunch then a longer walk, about 30mins after work. He's still full of energy after that!!

I can start crate training him during the weekend when I'm home :smile: Once he's crate trained, I can leave him in his playpen again during the day then I'll let him out for comfort breaks when I get home.

Maybe I should start gaving him yogurt again? He didn't seem to eat as much of his poop when he had yogurt?! Now he'll eat nearly every bit of it!!
I forgot to add that usually dogs don't pee/poop where they eat and sleep. so if he isn't in the crate for long periods of time you can have him trained in no time. Good luck! Puppies are the best!!!! :biggrin:

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.