Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody
first of all I want to thank all the doggie-lovers that take their time to write about their experiences, concerns, opinions and comments and are able to help people like me asking for advise.
I just got a chichuahua puppy, she is 5 months old, 5 1/2 pounds, when I got her they told me to feed her “royal Canin puppy 33″ so I was doing that, she was normal and doing good on it, till I went online and seen the horrible reviews and ingredients it has, so i slowly introduce her to “wellness super mix just for puppies” in the beggining she would just eat the RC and leave the W grains behind till I slowly put her 100% in wellness and she would wait and roam around till she got hungry and had nothing else to eat, so she gave in and ate it, but that first day I notice a big change on her, her stools are quite soft, sometimes diarrea, and her smell change it’s like a bad doggie odor and I gave her a bath 1 week ago, She doesn’t go out on grass or gets dirty, she is mostly an indoor doggie, she doesn’t have to many people around her and I don’t have any kids, I Really try to be a good first time mom, I take care of her very well and try to keep her good and happy the best possible ways, I do not want to go back to RC, but I need to change her food, although she was doing good in it, I don’t think I like the quality, I thought wellness was going to be great beacause it’s wholesome and natural ingredients, but I think something in it is affecting her, could it be the salmon/fish in it? or maybe it’s to rich? i just do not know, i called her vet and the assitant told me they like hills science and purina dog chow!!! but I read it’s not good they only gave them 1-2 stars and both has bad ingredients, I don’t mind spending some money on her food I just want the best for my little girl, as I would want for me or any of my family members or my friends, I am just so confussed … Any help, Any advice would be very welcomed … thank you all so much!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
It's good to goto the vet for health issues, but don't ask them about nutrition unless there a holistic vet:peep:

It sounds like you transitioned to welness to quickly. Your suppose to change over in about a weeks time. 2 weeks is better;0) you start 25%/75% for a few days, than 50/50 for few days, than 75/25 for a few days. Any problems, go back a step.

If you want a really good food, look into acana. It won't be expensive feeding a Chihuahua since there small.

ACANA Dog Food and other pet products on sale at DoggieFood.com

Acana | PetFoodDirect.com

www.heartypet.com - Acana

https://www.pethealthandnutritionce...manufacturer-for-dog-products/acana-dog-food/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Cliff & Bonnie!
I will be looking into your advise.
it makes a lot of sense that not every food is going to have the same results with every little guy or girl! :)
Thank U!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you Cast71
i will be researching acana dog food and I like the idea about the Hollistic vet, i will be searching for one in my area.
thank U! :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you choose to goto a holistic vet, make sure there reputable. Some of them are just out to take your money. Maybe ask other dog owners in your area. I found a good one, but it's expensive. I goto a regular vet instead, that doesn't break my chops too much ahahahaha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts