Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for a fact that I will have no problem with the switch and Duncan! I could hardly keep his face out of the box!!!! And, Lucky was trying to eat the chicken through a small opening in the box on the drive home! :biggrin::biggrin:

I really really hope she drops something!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You know, I'm looking at his feet and that box of chicken, and it really doesn't look like all that much chicken for the size of the dog!!! He's getting HUGE!!!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I'm looking at his feet and that box of chicken, and it really doesn't look like all that much chicken for the size of the dog!!! He's getting HUGE!!!
I know! And those are 40 lb boxes of backs! He is getting huge...4 months old and about 45 pounds. I'll have to post a pic of how much he as grown. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
ah, the 40 lb case.....that is excellent....you'll have fun divvying that...and your baby is awesome looking.....

today, we went a little nuts because it's time to intro our dogs to other kinds of proteins, like lamb hearts and lamb kidneys and goat and lamb tongues and pork kidneys and mackerel (fresh) and oh my, we went nuts today...i can't remember all the different proteins we got...

and then the food saver came out...

course, we do that about once a month and sometimes more often, especially when we order from the co op.....

i swear, my dogs have more freezer space than we do.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I will for sure keep you guys posted. I am making the switch on Monday. Monday morning breakfast.....chicken backs!! :tongue:

I know what you mean re! Today I ran to Walmart to get some ziplock bags and storage containers. I took a look at the meat section. They had their 10 lb bags of chicken quarters marked down to $4.13 a bag.....that's .41 cents a pound! I bought all they had! And, yes, my dogs now have more freezer space then we do! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My freezer space: 2 cubic feet and partially full.

My dog's freezer space: 8 1/2 cubic feet and currently full.

:confused:
Yup....seems totally normal to me....what's the confusion?? :confused::tongue:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Dogs 2 uprights and 1 chest, Humans bottom pullout of refrigerator! Dogs are winning!

Reactions: luvMyBRT

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
i don't know how many cubic feet my freezer is in my kitchen, but the dogs have taken over that.

we have a 7 cubic foot chest freezer and we all know that short people should never buy a chest freezer.

we have a 14.1 cubic foot freezer and the dogs own three of the four shelves, the drawer and the door space.

we have two dogs that weigh 18 lbs and 36 lbs respectively.

at least natalie has danes.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Thanks! I will for sure keep you guys posted. I am making the switch on Monday. Monday morning breakfast.....chicken backs!! :tongue:

I know what you mean re! Today I ran to Walmart to get some ziplock bags and storage containers. I took a look at the meat section. They had their 10 lb bags of chicken quarters marked down to $4.13 a bag.....that's .41 cents a pound! I bought all they had! And, yes, my dogs now have more freezer space then we do! :biggrin:
i am so thrilled for you. you've done your research, given this much thought...you're making an informed decision....

where did you get your chicken backs?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
She got them at WVM in Portland!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Reactions: luvMyBRT

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great!!!

I hope it goes as easy for you as it did for Toffee (my brown dog). He just loved them!!! Watching your boy eye that meat, I'm sure he'll just love them!!

Carol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts