Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought Teaghan home Sunday. She's the little black blob, Seamus is the larger light colored standard. Teaghan is a Standard as well, she's 3 months old. She's been at my sisters house while Seamus has gotten over his Canine Viral Pappalomas.

I bet they've spent 95% of their waking hours playing.

Joe

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
She is adorable! They look like they have already taken to each other.
I really love the last picture, what a face!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Look at them playing! Like they have been waiting for one another and finally found each other! Don't you just love it when they are just great buddies! So nice to see that picture! They are great friends already!They have bonded immediately! So nice!:wink:

Reactions: StdPoo Dad

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tonight I took Teaghan to a puppy social hour, it was kinda neat. 8 dogs in a tiled room, they were all off leash running and playing.
I didn't want Seamus to feel less than special, so I left him with a big 'ol raw beef bone.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Look at them playing! Like they have been waiting for one another and finally found each other! Don't you just love it when they are just great buddies! So nice to see that picture! They are great friends already!They have bonded immediately! So nice!:wink:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I edited your first post to include the picture :wink:

Very cute...please keep us updated with more pictures!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Congratulations! The pup has made itself right at home! My next-door neighbors have a black standard poodle named Sparky. Sparky loves to have barking contests with my dogs!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This morning Seamus and Teaghan came in with muddy feet from digging. Given that, why is the subject Yay?

To back up a few years. When Seamus was little and a digger, I either read or was told to set aside a spot in which he can dig. I had a spot for him but he never dug there. This evening when I got home I discovered that they were all dirty from digging in the spot!

It's by the back door to the garage up against the house. In the past few days they have been digging at the base of my maple tree in the back.

Teaghan is in her "big girl" crate tonight. She's growing, needs room to stretch so I got her a 36" wire crate just like Seamus'. She had been in a little plastic airline crate. Seamus used the same crate when he was little, so did Tulie and Broghan.

She rides in the back of the car now, like a big girl as opposed to riding in her little crate in the car. It was a pain to put her in the crate in the car since it's quite small. I tried letting her ride in the back a couple nights ago, just went across the Home Depot parking lot with Seamus in the back. She did fine on that ride, so we drove home that way. (about 3 minutes or so)

But that was with her brother, last night I took her to a puppy social hour at a dog training facility nearby. She rode all by herself in the back. I fully expected her to pitch a fit, but all she did was look around as we're driving down the road.
I still won't leave her for any length of time in the car. She's a chewer, she'd make short work of my leather seatbacks given the chance.

She whined and cried for about 10 minutes tonight after I put her in her "big girl" crate, but she's quiet now. She probably noticed that Seamus was zonked out right across from her and realized that it must be an okay thing.

I think she's going to be jumping in the back of the car within a week or two. Seamus jumps in and Teaghan tries in the worst way to jump in. She puts her front paws on the bumper and tries and tries. She's a spirited little lady.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts