Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding things to my dog's diet. We just started raw two weeks ago and I decided to try pork for her second protein source. I went to the store today to pick some up. I got some boneless pork to try her out on but I was wondering if pig stomach, feet and ears are good to feed her? I'm sure she can eat them but I'm asking nutrition wise whether or not they would be good choices. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
They are not particularly nutritous parts of the pig. If they were, we'd be eating them regularly. They make good treats and chew toys but thats about it. I feed boston Butt pork roasts and pork ribs (not at the same time) :smile: I suggest you get a rack of pork ribs and cut off however many your dog would eat. I feed my Great Danes half a rack each. I get a rack, cut it in half and give each dog half. Pork shoulder roast is good to feed also.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
And I would think right now with a newly switched raw dog I'd hold off on the pig feet as a chew as they are pretty fatty and they might cause a good episode of diarreah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts