Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or care to guesstimate what the percentage of bone is in your typical chicken back and quarter?

·
Registered
474 Posts
So is feeding chicken backs in the morning and leg quarters in the evening a good balance of RMBs and muscle meat? Also, there is usually some organs contained within the backs - if you feed backs every morning do you still need additional organ meat during the week?

What is the % in turkey necks? (meat to bone)

I do rotate chicken backs with turkey necks at times.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I try not to worry too much about % bone, I know my dogs...if they don't get enough bone, there is proof in the pudding, so to speak. ;)

I like to add necks/backs once a day or every other day to keep things firm. :)

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
So is feeding chicken backs in the morning and leg quarters in the evening a good balance of RMBs and muscle meat? Also, there is usually some organs contained within the backs - if you feed backs every morning do you still need additional organ meat during the week?

What is the % in turkey necks? (meat to bone)

I do rotate chicken backs with turkey necks at times.
I would say it's a bit bone heavy, but if stools are looking good, then nothing to worry about.

Backs and quarters sometimes have some organs attached, I feed quarters almost every morning (I feed twice a day) but I do still add organs daily to the diet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts