Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to find "the better way" to trim our GSP's nails, we bought a pedipaws. Well, they don't work unless you have a small dog with small nails. For our dog there simply wasn't enough horsepower; it kept stopping at the least amount of pressure applied.

So we went back to using the little sanding cylinder on our dremmel and are happy we did. Sure beats the heck out of trying to clip his nails!

Oh... the pedipaws went back to Petco for a refund. :wink:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I never believe those commercials, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. I have a dremmel that I use on my 2 Eng. Bull Terriers, they still hate it no matter what I do.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I never believe those commercials, if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. I have a dremmel that I use on my 2 Eng. Bull Terriers, they still hate it no matter what I do.
I am not able to trim Owens nails AT ALL!!!! He has bitten me way too many times for me to try again. I usually take him onto some sort of pavement (ie, sidewalk, porch, street,) and make him run for a bit if they get to long. That way he can use the rough surface as a nail file and I don't have to touch his feet at all. I take Owen into my basement that has concrete and I play ball with him and he LOVES it and doesn't even know that he is getting a manicure. The only nails that I have to trim are the dew claws and that is because they don't touch the ground. But he sits still long enough for that and then he gets mad that I tricked him and takes off running!! :)
Titus on the other paw :rolleyes: will let me do just about anything that I want to him as long as there is something in it for him! So I give him a treat or bone or something after and he is a happy pup!!
Thanks for the info on the PediPaws. I will just go out and get a dremmel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dogs are actually more tolerant of the PediPaws than the dremmel. I think the noise is a bit quieter & the vibration is less severe. However, if we don't use it frequently (like every 3 days or so), their nails grow faster than it's little battery can file down in a reasonable amount of time....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts