Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Witch diet do you use and y?
oh im in the uk does anybody know of a raw meat supplier over here please ?:confused:
im new to this game im stll in my research stage as i have 6 Akitas i need to work out the price and get al the supplies in for it but my big male seems very depressed so it will be sooner rather than later i think
:redface:

thanx jenni and the pack

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
PMR, definitely.

Why?
Dogs are carnivores, therefore all the added veggies, fruits, and supplements that barf feeding calls for, are useless.
I'm a small business owner, and money is not something we have a ton of right now. premade barf diets are super expensive. Home prepared barf diets call for too many unnecessary ingredients I'd rather not spend my money on.

Mostly, my decision to go PMR is simply based of one fact: I have a dog. :biggrin:

·
Registered
204 Posts
BARF is a mixture of slurried veggies, supplements and chicken carcasses.

Prey model raw is modeled after a prey animal with mostly meat (80%), bone (10%) and organs (10%). No additives, no supplements, no veggies needed or advised.

Your dogs are carnivores. Take a look in their mouths. Those sharp teeth are made for tearing into prey. They don't have molars for chewing up veggies. Feed them a species appropriate diet. Mostly meat, a little bone, a smidge or organs. Easy. You will be glad you did! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
PMR hands down. BARF is still better than feeding kibble, but not ideal and way more work for no added benefit. WHY? Dogs are carnivores, not omnivores and don't need fruits/veggies/dairy/etc.

Do a google search for "wholesale meat distributors" in your area/surrounding areas. If I had to drive 2 hours to buy in wholesale bulk I would. Also find all the local butchers and see if you can either order through them or set up a relationship with them to buy their scraps. We have 4 large to giant breed dogs so I can relate to you needing to feed economically!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts