Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another guy from our town hit a deer, and our friend Albert cut it up for us. So, that makes two in our freezer. Too cool!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Another guy from our town hit a deer, and our friend Albert cut it up for us. So, that makes two in our freezer. Too cool!
Two whole deer?? That's great. I know this one woman on another list that feeds almost nothing but deer to her dogs. She eveidently has access to a lot during deer season and feed them all year on what she gets.

I got 6 deer shoulders the other day. That was a pretty good free haul. I also have another lady that I got over 100lbs from last year and hope to get some this year. It will be another month before I know if she will come through again this year.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
You lucky people! If I was back in rural NV I'd have way better access to all this free deer. As it is, I got some and other wild game meats over the summer, but now, nothin. It's sad.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made the mistake yesterday of giving the dogs each one rib bone with meat on it. My JRT Baby had no problems, but poor Rex had the runs, guess I will start him off really slow!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
How odd, my dogs are so not sensitive to that sort of thing. They can eat other protein sources like there's no difference whatsoever.

Poor Rex, I hope he feels better!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave him about a 1/4 cup of pumpkin, and he had a little bit more, but, not ever inside, so that is a plus!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Man... I know people that hunt and they like to clean out their freezers, but I can never get them to commit to letting me have it!!! :( I want to know people who will hit deer and give it to me!! :) How do you get so lucky like that??
Oh well, I will have to just keep working on them to let me clean their freezers!! :) Can't wait for Owen to go onto deer!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts