Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most of you know this is round 2 of raw feeding for Jody. I am taking it nice and slow and Jody has had no diarrhea problems at all (1 month). Tonight, I will Jody a tiny bit of pork with her dinner. It will nice to offer her something other than poultry (turkey/chicken).

Tami

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
What cut? Pork ribs or boneless pork? I would personally go with bone in pork, and only about 1/4-1/2 of what a normal meal equals.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to go with a center cut pork chop or pork loin. A bit pricey but lower in fat and I thought good to start out with. What do you think?

Tami

·
Registered
115 Posts
I too suggest you go slow...and my fingers are crossed while we wait for a report on how she did!

Reactions: Jodysmom

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
before anyone jumps on tami for using loin....she's doing it based on my advice LOL...yeah, the blind leading the lame

...loin is lower in fat..and if i've learned nothing else, fat and too much feeding is the bane of my existence.....

once the pork is intro'd and jody does well on it, then the other cuts should be introduced...i love my dogs but they no longer eat loin...i do.

they get ribs and necks and butt and shoulder and whatever i can beg from my butcher :)

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Yes, but why do you beg from your butcher? I buy most of my pork as pork is natural in this state from Cash/Carry when the shoulder roasts go on sale for .99lb and they are like 16lbs, cut it all up and freeze it. Happy dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Yes, but why do you beg from your butcher? I buy most of my pork as pork is natural in this state from Cash/Carry when the shoulder roasts go on sale for .99lb and they are like 16lbs, cut it all up and freeze it. Happy dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!
because i'm an idiot, that's why.

i just found a cash n carry near where i live....d'oh.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
i was just reading their faqs...i don't have a business license and i'm certainly non profit.....

Question: What do I need to shop at Cash&Carry?
Answer: All you need to shop at Smart Foodservice Cash & Carry is your business license, tax permit or proof that you're a nonprofit organization.

:frown::frown::frown:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yes..loin will be very short term. I was one of those raw feeders that had to take the skin/fat off chicken backs too but after a week I didn't have to. I think some of us have dogs who are very sensitive.

After this initial introduction I will certainly feed pork butt or shoulder or whatever pork is on sale.

Tami

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
You don't need a business license here, its open to the public and I think most cash/carry's are.

Reactions: Ania's Mommy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts