Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 fish or Regional Red. will the fish give a shiney better coat. what one do you all feel is better. thanks

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
give your dog the large breed puppy as discussed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to. thanks. but was just seeing how people feel about thes two types. might have given to my dog when he was older and not needing puppy food

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
every dog will react differently... some dogs will actually get greasy on orijen and develop tear stains

·
Registered
474 Posts
stick with the LBP as long as he will eat. Even after he isn't a pup. Many dogs seem to like it better than the adult food from Orijen.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I would definitely rotate the two once he reaches adulthood, if he does well on Orijen

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I would rotate between them, hands down.

I never recommend feeding one food all the time, day after day... variety is key.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I also like the idea of rotating, but start with 6 Fish first. More omega 3 (crude omega 3 is 1.2%, while it's 0.8% for Red) for skin and coat health since it's fish-based (especially from the salmon and salmon oil). But, pick up a bag of Regional Red when you see it if the use by date is good; it's in limited supply and not always available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe you can feed him 6 fish as a puppy, the numbers are good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts